Solar Panels help? (Animation+Defining)

So im working on some Solar Panels with a nice Model a newly reddit friend made.

I can get the Model ingame even the Animation for extending plays (opening though not closing......not yet :D)

So the first question is if i click "Extend" the animation plays but the game never switch to "extended" so i cant retract them anymore.

Whats the problem there?

Second question how do i actually define the panels to be solar panels so they can make energy if the sun shines on it (they are fixed panels after deployment so no movement)

I hope someone can hint me to the right direction ^^ since this is my very first own part.

Greetings

Neko

Hey Neko,

you might want to check out this thread, since its most likely the same problem. At least in case you already slapped a ModuleDeployableSolarPanel onto your part... what would be the answer to your second question. deployableSolarPanel has a sunTracking property you can set to false, just like the stock OX-STAT Photovoltaic Panels do.

Is there somekind of demo cfg file soemwhere? i cant get it to work somehow i copied the cfg of existing solar panels and messed with the settings but they dont have the suntracking porperty inside etc

ps.The animation works totaly fine with ModuleAnimateGeneric

// Edit //

Got it now i only need to know how i can define 4 solar panels which are in this 1 model :/

Edited by NekoSteamBoy

Using ModuleDep...'s animation logic would make sense, since it also enables/disables generating energy and might have a bunch of other effects. Why do you want 4 solar panel modules? Are they oriented in different directions? Is it/should it be possible for them to break off individually? If not, using just a single module might be less resource consuming. Though adding a bunch of modules with different transform names should work as well.

We are working on this -> http://i.imgur.com/TXtB6Ca.png

So they dont need to fall off part by part and they dont rotate in the direction of the sun its like a deployable static solar array

i tried to add 4 "raycastTransformName" to the config but still he only calculates the first one .___.

Edited by NekoSteamBoy

Well, no, just adding 4 raycastTransformName's won't work. You will most likely need 4 individual modules with different raycastTranformNames, each matching the one panel of your model.

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel
sunTracking = false
raycastTransformName = raycastTransformName1
isBreakable = false
resourceName = ElectricCharge
chargeRate = 0.75
powerCurve
{
key = 206000000000 0 0 0
key = 13599840256 1 0 0
key = 68773560320 0.5 0 0
key = 0 10 0 0
}
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel
sunTracking = false
raycastTransformName = raycastTransformName2
isBreakable = false
resourceName = ElectricCharge
chargeRate = 0.75
powerCurve
{
key = 206000000000 0 0 0
key = 13599840256 1 0 0
key = 68773560320 0.5 0 0
key = 0 10 0 0
}
}

That hopefully will work without to many drawbacks. Though i doubt its worse than having only a single ModuleDep[...], since that makes placing the raycastTransform "difficult" and wiring generator and animation modules together / reimplementing it would be a lot of work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.