[kOS] The Automated Mission Challenge

Any chance of resurrecting the challenge, using this new continuation of the mod:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68089-0-23-kOS-Scriptable-Autopilot-System-v0-10/

Sure, I'll try to get around to modifying the main page later today. Sorry for the late response, I've been a bit busy of late with school and my new hobby (astrophotography), so I haven't been checking the forums as often as I used to.

Sure, I'll try to get around to modifying the main page later today. Sorry for the late response, I've been a bit busy of late with school and my new hobby (astrophotography), so I haven't been checking the forums as often as I used to.

I have a similar problem with slumbering threads like this. So I use the forum subscription feature. It emails me when they get updates.

BTW this is a great challenge, I hope to submit my own entry once i get the docking release finished.

If you update this, here is one reminder: The old problem with being unable to save the game and come back without explicitly zeroing lots of variables individually by name is now gone. I performed several tests about this and the new kOS no longer seems to have that bug that caused KSP to truncate vessel loading. So that aspect of the rules can be trimmed down and made sensible, as the bug no longer is an issue.

Great mod, I made something similar to Grasshopper. Rocket launched to something about 3000m and then safely landed on the launchpad. I wish someone made a mod like this but using Lua or Python though.I have more experience with those languages.

Great mod, I made something similar to Grasshopper. Rocket launched to something about 3000m and then safely landed on the launchpad. I wish someone made a mod like this but using Lua or Python though.I have more experience with those languages.

You can try Selene: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/69249-WIP-Selene-Lua-based-autopilot-general-purpose-scripting-layer-for-KSP

• 4 months later...

I'd like to make two submissions:

1. Kerbin-Mun round-trip, and a

2. Kerbin-Minmus round-trip.

What makes the scripts stand out:

1. all maneuver nodes - including intraplanetary transfers - are _calculated_. no long running encounter finding,

2. super accurate node runner,

3. inclination maneuvers calculated using vector calculus.

The script and craft files are available here: http://kos.wikia.com/wiki/Mission_toolkit_v3

Kerbin - Mun round trip. Sorry, no commentary.

Kerbin - Minmus round trip. Sorry, no commentary.

Edited by baloan

Thrfoot hasn't posed on the KSP forums at all since April.

I'm not sure how "open" this challenge really still is. Maybe a new challenge with new parameters needs to be created. The scoring system on this one always was a bit wonky anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.