Color of highlighted part

While in build mode, i find myself accidentally clicking the wrong part when trying to move things like struts and attachments. I also noticed that when you hover over a part, it turns slightly white (along with it's icon in the staging list).

I would like to suggest that you provide either an alternate color that is easier to see (bright red?) or the ability for the user to modify the color that items are shaded during "on hover" events. The problem gets really bad when you have spent an hour building a three layer asparagus/onion configuration (without saving) and accidentally click an inner engine thereby messing up your fuel hose routing...talk about frustrating...

Thanks guys !

There is an 'auto-saved' ship, that should be there that is saved every so often.

To be honest though I have encountered this problem, and in the exact situation you have described...All asparagus staged, then miss the tiny area for a strut and boom. Gone.

I agree, a more obvious colour is needed. It is an extremely simple aspect to implement. Devs, sort this out please.

Sam

There is an Undo function (Ctrl+Z) if you are not already aware :)

It can hiccup every once in a while, but it can also save you a lot of pain, so it's worth it. It used to be pretty unstable, but I've not seen it muck things up in several versions, so I guess it's as stable as it can be at present.

I agree that the green shading is not very visible in certain cases, particularly when I am trying to figure out which icon is which in the staging list to put some small part like a sepatron or separator to the right stage. Cyan shading currently used in action group selects would be much more welcome.

There is an Undo function (Ctrl+Z) if you are not already aware :)

It can hiccup every once in a while, but it can also save you a lot of pain, so it's worth it. It used to be pretty unstable, but I've not seen it muck things up in several versions, so I guess it's as stable as it can be at present.

OMFG....CTRL+Z works?...i never thought of trying the obvious....

OMFG....CTRL+Z works?...i never thought of trying the obvious....
It kind-of works... It goes back two steps, not one. Which means if you loaded your ship then accidentally dragged it into the trash, you can't ctrl-z to get it back, having only done one step.

I have never, ever seen ctrl-z go back exactly one step or exactly any other number of steps... Just two.

Sometimes when trying to pick up one strut or some other part which may be hard to aim at, I accidentally grab much larger part of the ship. Placing it back could break things, especially if the part was placed with symmetry and later parts without symmetry were added to it. That's about the only occasion when I use Undo and it works well for me, places the part back and does nothing else.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.