HSTW 1.75m Gemini

Tosh

To be exact it was I who have said that :P

*Sigh* attaching a box to a cone will require quite a mess with node_colliders. And attachable RCS modules I\'ll have to create will not be compatible with anything else. Ah, damn it, these parts are already not compatible with anything but 1.75m tank 8)

Well, O.K., I\'ll do it, after finishing with glider. It has waited for toooo long))

Let\'s say, I\'ll begin working on RCS version... in two weeks. The version will contain:

• [li]chute,[/li][li]pod,[/li][li]decoupler without any boxes on its sides (different from the one in LFE version),[/li][li]ASAS,[/li][li]big RCS fuel tank with enough fuel to land on the Mun and get back,[/li][li]surface-mounted RCS thruster to be placed on decoupler with x4 symmetry. Roll control thrusters on equipment module will remain just a paintings,[/li][li]and a compact 1.75m decoupler to attach to NovaPunch tanks.[/li]

There will be no LFE in this version.

Nah you just slice off the model. leave the slant and attach them as if they where flat. attaching to a slant is easier than you think. You just leave the model tilted. IT will not tilt to the slant of the node_collider.

Nah you just slice off the model. leave the slant and attach them as if they where flat. attaching to a slant is easier than you think. You just leave the model tilted. IT will not tilt to the slant of the node_collider.

I know. But most of \'surface attachable\' parts just fail to attach to that conical parts, so I\'ll need to offset thruster\'s attachment point further from its collider. And then to adjust its visible model so that it won\'t hang in the air. And still to maintain some resemblance with Gemini while doing that stuff :)

Doesn\'t this mean anything?

Let\'s say, I\'ll begin working on RCS version... in two weeks. The version will contain:

• [li]chute,[/li][li]pod,[/li][li]decoupler without any boxes on its sides (different from the one in LFE version),[/li][li]ASAS,[/li][li]big RCS fuel tank with enough fuel to land on the Mun and get back,[/li][li]surface-mounted RCS thruster to be placed on decoupler with x4 symmetry. Roll control thrusters on equipment module will remain just a paintings,[/li][li]and a compact 1.75m decoupler to attach to NovaPunch tanks.[/li]

There will be no LFE in this version.

CONGRATS ON MAKING IT TO THE OFFICIAL KSP MOD BOARD http://www.kerbalspaceprogram.net/kerbal-space-program-mods

ONLY THE VERY BEST MODS MAKE IT THERE.

(well, not only the very best. you can be sure that the mods there are bloody good. but there are many more mods that deserve to be there.)

Wow! Thanks)))

Frankly speaking that list is a bit outdated. SIDR & Wobbly are deprecated while NovaPunch (required to fly Gemini spacecraft LOL)) is not even in the list...

it would be nice to see the lower gemini stages since you made the rest so well :)

You mean Titan II... but aren\'t NovaPunch double-length 1.75m tank and Twin Bertha engine modelled after that rocket? :)

it just isn\'t as pretty when they don\'t match :)

I could just make a hi-poly version of that tank with another texture... but not in the nearest future, it seems. I\'m quite busy at this moment :(

I think I\'ve noticed a slight bug, my capsule is rotated 90 degress.

Do you mean that windows are looking in the wrong direction as compared with a standard pod? Yes, I confirm. Will fix that in the next release.

Do you plan on doing any extended hardware, such as the Gemini-Titan rocket, Atlas launch vehicle, or Agena target vehicle?

Currently I don\'t plan modelling launch vehicles at all. I\'d prefer modelling spacecrafts like Vostok/Voskhod, Salut space station etc.. When speaking about launchers the only rocket I\'d really like to model is Proton. It has quite an interesting first stage, ya know...

Anyway that\'s the future deal. Nearest plans include finishing the glider, then releasing Gemini-RCS... and then returning to my business before I\'ve lost all the clients))))

The real Gemini didn\'t have engines on it. Only RCS and 4 deorbit solid rockets on the part that you use as the decoupler. The service module was actually in two parts.

gemini_1.jpg

Basically, your service module should have RCS tanks and RCS thrusters on the part with the gold foil, a first decoupler, then the deorbit motors, then the second decoupler.

There were also plans for a lunar Gemini:

gemlanex.jpg

The real Gemini didn\'t have engines on it. Only RCS and 4 deorbit solid rockets on the part that you use as the decoupler. The service module was actually in two parts.

Thanks, I have this picture. As I told before RCS-only version is already planned.

I must say this Mod is very well made and the quality is excellent. You have my thanks.

I do have 1 little problem:

For some reason when KSP tries to load the Gemini Parachute on start up it will lock up the program and won\'t proceed further. I waited several minutes but nothing happened. When I remove the part the loading goes fine. I alread tried to reinstall the mod several times but this didn\'t change anything. Could anyone please help me? I can\'t find any log that states what goes wrong with loading either.

Thanks in advance.

I must say this Mod is very well made and the quality is excellent. You have my thanks.

I do have 1 little problem:

For some reason when KSP tries to load the Gemini Parachute on start up it will lock up the program and won\'t proceed further. I waited several minutes but nothing happened. When I remove the part the loading goes fine. I alread tried to reinstall the mod several times but this didn\'t change anything. Could anyone please help me? I can\'t find any log that states what goes wrong with loading either.

Thanks in advance.

Parachute really takes a long time to load. However \'several minutes\' is a little too much.

Try the following. Open game\'s settings.cfg (located in game root directory) with the Notepad and set SHOW_CONSOLE_ON_ERROR = True. Then launch the game and see whether it shows an error in console.

Parachute really takes a long time to load. However \'several minutes\' is a little too much.

Try the following. Open game\'s settings.cfg (located in game root directory) with the Notepad and set SHOW_CONSOLE_ON_ERROR = True. Then launch the game and see whether it shows an error in console.

I\'ve modified the settings.cfg as you suggested but it won\'t show me the console after I\'ve waited about 15 minutes for the gemParachute file to load.

I took a look at the output_log.txt I have no idea if this helps in anyway but let me copy what it said at the end.

>> gemParachute >>

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 39)

loading binary model from D:/Games/KSP/Non Stock/KSP_Data\../Parts\gemParachute/mesh/mesh1.msh

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 39)

loading binary model from D:/Games/KSP/Non Stock/KSP_Data\../Parts\gemParachute/mesh/mesh2.msh

loading binary model from D:/Games/KSP/Non Stock/KSP_Data\../Parts\gemParachute/mesh/mesh3.msh

loading binary model from D:/Games/KSP/Non Stock/KSP_Data\../Parts\gemParachute/mesh/mesh4.msh

loading tangents for collider... expect 96 tangents

loading tangents for base... expect 1152 tangents

WARNING: Vector4 entry is nor formatted properly! proper format for Vector4s is x,y,z,w

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at KSPUtil.ParseVector4 (System.String vectorString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.LoadMeshTangents (UnityEngine.GameObject[] models) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.processGameObjects (UnityEngine.GameObject[] models) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.doProcessPart (UnityEngine.GameObject[] mdls, Boolean partLabMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.startPartAssembly (UnityEngine.GameObject[] mdls) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartSerializer+<loadBinaryMesh>c__Iterator5.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I could try to load it for longer than 15 minutes but I was thinking this would have been enough.

Got it. Thanks for your report.

I\'ll make a lighter parachute version and upload it tomorrow.

UPDATE. As yet try to remove Parts\gemParachute\mesh directory -- and launch the game. Log shows some problems with one of auto-generated files.