Here are some screenshots from the EARLIEST version of KSP!

Sylandro

I actually really like this gradient on the orbit.

2012-04-30_00020-620x.jpg

Why did they remove it?

If my memory serves me right, that gradient on the orbit dissappeared when we got the patched conics (the thing that shows you SoI changes and so on).

Guess it didn't work too well with several different colour gradients or something.

I remember missing that feature when it first dissappeared, since it made it slightly easier to see how circular your orbit was, but it passed. The system we have now is much better imo.

• 6 months later...
That's one of the default "water" shaders in Unity. It actually looks amazingly fake since it's absurdly reflective and doesn't have a very good shore recognition algorithm. It's also quite the FPS killer. We had that for the water texture for some time, actually; it survived right on up to (and possibly slightly into) the pay-to-play version.

Yep, that shader was still in use when the game went premium. 0.14, it was. It got removed afterward in 0.14.2, when they rebuilt the terrain engine. That was pre0.18 Kerbin, before we got the more distinctive biomes and the giant crater.

And what I have found in the orbiter forum ksp thread:

Harvester's post about future and The trio personalities :)

Later on I'm planning on adding a Nausea Tolerance parameter to their AI, and have them become nauseated under high angular velocities and possibly space sick as well, when under microgravity conditions... They could visually turn green also, if they weren't green already.... hmm, maybe they should turn yellow :-).

Wait, what??? WHY IS THIS NOT PART OF KSP YET??? Forget contracts, I want hurling Kerbals!

Wow, taking a look at my imageshack account I've found some really old pictures...

http://imageshack.us/a/img341/8876/screenshot2ny.png

never seen Kerbin look like that before. So I've gotta ask, how was the geography of the planet created? It looks very believable, but surely someone didn't sit there "hand drawing" the world? And was the resemblance to Africa deliberate? In-joke? Social statement?

Wait, what??? WHY IS THIS NOT PART OF KSP YET??? Forget contracts, I want hurling Kerbals!

This would be stupid to add. It's artificial difficulty at it's best. We're here to make and fly rockets,spaceplanes, etc., not nurse astronauts that shouldn't be contracted due to low tolerance to motion sickness and the likes of it.

never seen Kerbin look like that before. So I've gotta ask, how was the geography of the planet created? It looks very believable, but surely someone didn't sit there "hand drawing" the world? And was the resemblance to Africa deliberate? In-joke? Social statement?

Procedural terrain generation. Forgot the name of the software used.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.