Real aircraft Carrier

A pity you can\'t launch multiple aircraft off a single carrier. One boat one aircraft is just not cost effective!

I have an idea to make the carrier launch drones instead of manned fighters, just so I can play 'Tora! Tora! Tora!' against the KSC erm.. Kerbalese version. More planes, more fun!

Just make the drones glide reasonably well under their own power and viola, imaginary cruise missiles!

This design calls for a Caspian Sea Monster (Lun Ekranoplan) style layout with enough tandem-mounted wings for a low speed water landing, aquatic navigation module with low thrust gimballed engines (waterjets lol), and once in position, the next stages trigger off the attack drones flying off the deck in sequence.

To assist with the water landing sequence I may try a biplane or multi-plane layout for exceptionally low stall speed... hmm, which would end up like something like the flying fortress-like air-carrier in the anime Yukikaze.

1258560740_sentou_yousei_yukikaze_ova_5_of_5mkv51.jpg

A pity you can\'t launch multiple aircraft off a single carrier. One boat one aircraft is just not cost effective!

I have an idea to make the carrier launch drones instead of manned fighters, just so I can play 'Tora! Tora! Tora!' against the KSC erm.. Kerbalese version. More planes, more fun!

Just make the drones glide reasonably well under their own power and viola, imaginary cruise missiles!

This design calls for a Caspian Sea Monster (Lun Ekranoplan) style layout with enough tandem-mounted wings for a low speed water landing, aquatic navigation module with low thrust gimballed engines (waterjets lol), and once in position, the next stages trigger off the attack drones flying off the deck in sequence.

To assist with the water landing sequence I may try a biplane or multi-plane layout for exceptionally low stall speed... hmm, which would end up like something like the flying fortress-like air-carrier in the anime Yukikaze.

1258560740_sentou_yousei_yukikaze_ova_5_of_5mkv51.jpg

That\'s some first post

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.