Does anyone remember cancelled game "Project Milo"

Pawelk198604

Does anyone remember cancelled game "Project Milo" :D pf course

It was it was created by Peter Molyneux, on XBOX 360 Kincket. It don't have XBOX but i was eager to see this game it was little bit like Holodeck from Star Trek :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Milo

I wonder why abandoned work on this game had really great potencial.

Edited by Pawelk198604
correcting misspellings

Well, it seems to me that the only way to make shown gameplay mechanics work is to create an AI, otherwise the game would turn into a bunch of scripted repetitive dialogs/reactions. Also, I doubt Milo demo was real-time - I think it was CG video without any real-time processing.

Oh yeah, I remember this! It was a shame that this was abandoned.

Edit: Pawelk you got a typo in the title.

I know that my my mistake, unfortunately i cannot correct thread title, it would be nice if that will be added to forum mechanism

Well, it seems to me that the only way to make shown gameplay mechanics work is to create an AI, otherwise the game would turn into a bunch of scripted repetitive dialogs/reactions. Also, I doubt Milo demo was real-time - I think it was CG video without any real-time processing.

I have heard that it was not just a demo, but fully functional technology.

It is a pity that this project has been canceled, it would be nice to have a home working AI.

If this game was released, maybe I would bought a XBOX360 with Kinect.

I am very interested in the development of AI

I wonder how it will look like Artificial Intelligence for 10 or 20 years.

Let's just hope that no one invents SkyNet:D

Peter Molyneux is obsessed with AI in games but has never been able to make a good one... He has a history of making lavish promises about future games and then not delivering. See Black&White, the Fable series, Godus etc.

Peter Molyneux is obsessed with AI in games but has never been able to make a good one... He has a history of making lavish promises about future games and then not delivering. See Black&White, the Fable series, Godus etc.

It is a pity that Microsoft has canceled "Project Milo" because it looked that in this particular case, Peter Molyneux was finally able to realize his promises for artificial intelligence. I respect this guy ever I played in "Fable" cool game though generally not keen for fantasy, but I like science fiction.

It's nice if someone ever did such a game as Millo project set in our reality, it is best if you would on a PC:D

See, that's the problem with Molyneux. He's a master at the canned presentation.

He's also a master at telling you about the game that exists in his head - he has some incredible ideas, but never actually seems to get the fine details to work as intended.

I keep hoping he won't disappoint, the guy wrote some of my favourite games back in the day (Bullfrog era).

See, that's the problem with Molyneux. He's a master at the canned presentation.

He's also a master at telling you about the game that exists in his head - he has some incredible ideas, but never actually seems to get the fine details to work as intended.

I keep hoping he won't disappoint, the guy wrote some of my favourite games back in the day (Bullfrog era).

Can you tell me the title? As kid i played on of Bulfrog game "Theme Park" :D It was on my first computer that i got from my uncle as present om my 11th birthday:D

Certainly :D (There's a few.)

Flood (Amiga) - Natty little platformer.

Syndicate (Amiga/PC) - It was awesome in a way that none of the sequals ever have been. Dated now though, and the way that you can't see your guys when they go into buildings is still annoying.

Theme Park (Amiga/PC) - The Rollercoaster Tycoon series is a reasonable continuation of the idea.

Dungeon Keeper (PC)

That's the obvious ones from a quick look here.

The best thing to do with Peter Molyneux games is never pay any attention to the publicity. Games like Black & White are actually really good games in their own right, people were only disappointed with it because they were given some ridiculous expectations. I played the game without ever seeing any of the hype and had a great time with the little mini-AI monkey avatar. I was really surprised when I heard people slagging it off.

Certainly :D (There's a few.)

Flood (Amiga) - Natty little platformer.

Syndicate (Amiga/PC) - It was awesome in a way that none of the sequals ever have been. Dated now though, and the way that you can't see your guys when they go into buildings is still annoying.

Theme Park (Amiga/PC) - The Rollercoaster Tycoon series is a reasonable continuation of the idea.

Dungeon Keeper (PC)

That's the obvious ones from a quick look here.

I loved Theme Park:D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.