Cant load vessel because of missing part.. thats not missing.

Motokid600

So ive been fumbling around with my mods all day now. And after I finally get the game to not crash It tells me the craft ive been working on for over a month cannot be loaded because the Romfarer.Camera is missing. Except that its not.. I even re-downloaded it. I don't understand how this happened.. I haven't even touched the Romfarer folder.. oi... This is just problem.. after problem.. after problem. I find im screwing around in the subfolders more then playing the game.. maybe its time to take a break. Ah well.. reguardless wth is going on with this camera part not loading? Anyone experience this before? Just.. salt on the wound.

Edited by Motokid600

Have you checked to see if it is unlocked in the tech tree?

I ask because I had a problem like this with another mod after a hard crash. It relocked it in the tech tree for some reason, and I couldn't load half my craft because of it.

Its a vessel you build in orbit by different parts? Do you still have the individual craft files? Can you still load every single one of them, or is there a conflict as well? If it works i would search for a difference in the saved sfs. But that would require having a save / saves where each and every part for your broken vessel is also on a working vessel (maybe on the launchpad). Anyway, debugging sth like this on installations with lots of mods is a pain. Have you considered simply removing the problematic part from your save? Would it be possible at all? (its easy in case it doesn't has other parts attached to it & could easily be removed in editor as well)

Yes the craft was built in orbit. Both the return module and rover had the camera on it.. and there gone. So yes I should have the craft files. Though the mission is well under way and the craft has since separated in to its according pieces for a land and return. The rover and ascent stage have landed and the CM/return stage is in orbit. ( was in orbit ) So I hope a small tweak doesn't mess anything up.

So your saying I can go into the save, find the craft and remove the camera entirety from the .cfg?

I had this issue when I tried to update to 0.23. Suddenly the Lazor camera didn't work, and would delete crafts. I assumed it was due to Lazor Systems not being updated to 0.23, so I rolled back to 0.22 and then reloaded the last quicksave to get the vessels back again. I've not attempted to update mods or the game since then because I've been away on holidays, but yeah I chalked it up to Lazor Systems not being updated. I think it is now though.

Ive yet to even try .23 yet.. ive been on .22 this whole time.

Im looking around in my save files.. and I do see Romfarer.Camera is in there a few times.. what lines do I have to edit/remove in order to take this part off the craft?

Edited by Motokid600

And.. IT IS UPDATED. Wow.. thanks Steam preciate that. I had to switch off autoupdate TWO TIMES already so I guess it decided to switch it back on for me a 3rd time. That's really great.. good stuff. This explains why everything s**t the bed on me. .. Well I need to make this work. I cant imagine throwing away a months work for a stupid camera.

Im working with a quicksave file I need to load. Im not too good at this, but I see the name of the Romfarer.Camera come up few times. And under it where it says Connected=True, Attatched=True. I changed these to false.. and it didn't work it said the quicksave is not compatible with the version of the game. Which.. makes a lot more sense to me now lol. But it DOES load if I revert it back. So .. what do?

Edited by Motokid600

Well, if you don't want to revert back to .22 (right click on KSP in steam => properties => betas => select "previous stable release" and preferably copy everything in Steam\SteamApps\Common\KerbalSpaceProgram to a different location Steam can't update), the easiest thing might be to replace the part with sth similar by changing name=... . spotLight1 might does it. I hope KSP can handle the invalid MODULE part by itself, but if not you can replace the Module part in the camera parts by copy-pasting a module from any of such spotlights and it should work.

Well, if you don't want to revert back to .22 (right click on KSP in steam => properties => betas => select "previous stable release" and preferably copy everything in Steam\SteamApps\Common\KerbalSpaceProgram to a different location Steam can't update), the easiest thing might be to replace the part with sth similar by changing name=... . spotLight1 might does it. I hope KSP can handle the invalid MODULE part by itself, but if not you can replace the Module part in the camera parts by copy-pasting a module from any of such spotlights and it should work.

EDIT: Nevermind Faark. I edited the quicksave this time and it did work. Thanks so much you saved me from waiting a great amount of time.

Edited by Motokid600

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.