Mission Minmus 12 - Full Story [SOMEWHAT PICTURE HEAVY]

ThatKerbal

This story is still being worked on, I can't write the whole story in one day, Check back everyday or soon to see if I've Added Anything!

If you like the story, Support it and help it get more readers by rating this post so it can be seen by others!

5xqxpg.png

Characters

Jeb or Jebediah : Kerbalnaught

Bill Kerman or Bill : Kerbalnaught

Bob Kerman or Bob : Kerbalnaught

Mission Control : Mission Control (Doesn't have a name because the name mission control represents KSC's Tracking Station/Mission Control)

The Guard (This is the character name for any guards around any facilities)

Attendant Manager/Guide (This is the person who greets at any facilities) also can be referred to in the story 3 different ways: Guide Manager or Attendant Manager or Facility Manager

Any other names you may see just know they are a character there's so much characters in this story i can't list them all. But those are the main characters you'll see.

if you see anything in real life with ker or anything with the letters of kerbal in it, Know its me renaming that real life item so it'll be more KSP-like.

Prologue

263u002.png

They first landed on the mun...

After the successful Kerpollo 11, All of Kerbal Space Center was intrigued to explore all of kerbol. They then thought, We succeeded for mun...Now we go to minmus. From the minds of kerbal space center, They issued a new mission. Minmus 12. From there, Our story begins...

Chapter #1: The Test

Kerbal Space Center was very busy after they issued Minmus 12. All the planning and thinking, All the work and teamwork put into the mission... Was amazing.

Immediately they started recruiting kerbals for the mission. All astronauts that wanted to be in the mission, Had to retest. There was 3 kerbalnaughts, sitting at a table enjoying a sandwich. (Fun fact for the story: They were in the kerpollo 11.) Then "Why don't we go in that mission." Jebediah Said, Bob quickly replied "Are you crazy? They haven't even guaranteed safety yet!" Bill replied "Why did we sign up for the job to be an astronaut? To be kerbals who only take missions if they are safe. Or to explore kerbol if its the last thing we did." Bob replied "Yeah...Let's do this." Jebediah replied "I knew you guys would do it!"

The three went along to the counter to sign up.

The three gradually signed up, Their three signatures on the paper!

16lzbrq.png

They then returned to their houses about 6:00 PM Kerbin Time KPT (Kerbin Planet Time)

Before heading into their houses, They enjoyed a late-lunch.

At the table they we're eating at outside, "Hey now that we've signed up for minmus 12, Do you think they'll pick us?" Said Bill Jebediah replied "Why wouldn't they pick us, We we're in the kerpollo 11 and basically maneuvered the ship back into the atmosphere safely when the engines started to overheat to dangerous levels!" Bob replied "Jeb's right, It wouldn't make sense if they didn't. Not a lot of kerbals can do that."

Bill replied "Yeah you guys make a good point." After their late-lunch, "Well it's about seven thirty, We should go get some rest. We have a long day of testing ahead of us." Jebediah said. Bill Replied "Yeah, When they say we should show up?" Bob replied "7:00 AM or 5:00 AM To avoid lines of aspiring kerbalnaughts, Man you got short term memory loss?" Bill replied "Heh, I may look old but i still fly the ship way better than you ever could, My friend." Bob replied "Heh, Ain't you a sight for sore eyes." The 3 then went to their houses and went to sleep.

5:00 AM KPT

Bill hears a knock at his door, He opens it. There was jebediah and bob. "Man we said we should get up at 4 to get ready, You ain't even packed your spacesuit." Jebediah said. Bill replied "Oh yeah i forgot to set my alarm, I can go get everything that i need done fast"

Bob whispers to jebediah as bill goes to prepare "I swear he has memory loss" Jebediah replied "Hah, Not like you've never forgot to set your alarm sometime! Need i remind you kerpollo 11 20 minutes late to the launch because you forgot to set your alarm!"

Bob replied "Hah. I guess your right man." Jebediah replies "Lets come in, It's freezing out here." Bill yells "Start the car, I'm ready! Bob and jebediah walk over to the car and start it, Bill comes running out. Then as bill enters the car "Come on let's get going! Freezing out there." bill said.

Arrival at the training center

"Looks empty" Bob said, Bill replied "Oh, Ain't you a sight for sore eyes." Bob replied "Oh yeah, Your the one who forgot to set your alarm." Bill replied "Heh, Let's go before anymore kerbals arrive so we don't got to wait in the huge line. Besides, It's freezing still." Bob replied "Yeah, How much kerbals suppose to show up?" Jebediah replied as they all exit their car "About 100 if noone calls in sick, Or if some of them reschedule to the next testing date"

As they walk up and open the doors of the testing facility

"Let me see your testing ticket" The guard said Jebediah replied "Here you go." The Guard replied "Head in, They should be ready for you." Jebediah replied "Thanks." The guard hands jebediah the testing ticket back.

nwiujm.png

Inside the testing facility

"Hello Bill, Bob and Jebediah. I've been told you 3 are very good pilots and astronauts, And you we're in the kerpollo 11. You managed to return home safely without help when the engines started overheating at dangerous levels, Around here your historic legends to KSC, You have proven to be great pilots. I'm glad that you signed up." Attendant Manager said. Jebediah replies "Hello, We are here for the test for the mission minmus 12." Attendant Manager Replied "Yes, right this way. We were expecting you, We didn't think you'd come later." Jebediah replied "Yeah, I wouldn't want to be caught up in a huge line of kerbals-- Especially for testing for a mission in space." Attendant Manager Replied "Me neither." They all started walking down the hall of the lobby at the training facility.

They approach the end of the hall and then approach a 2 Door Entrance door at the end of the hallway.

They open the door to another room

As they walk in, "Okay, From here these guards will take you where you need to go." Attendant Manager Said Jebediah Replied "Okay." "Right this way." The guards said.

"Seems a bit far-fetched, Wouldn't you say?" Bob said Jebediah Replied "Well we are going to test for a mission to a planet in space, Not like they're going to tell everyone. We may not be NASA But we're KSC. We're a space association, We have classifieds to." Bob replied "Yeah." "Okay, Go straight down that hall door to the right is where they're testing." The guard said.

They head down the hall and approach the door on the right.

As they open the door

"Welcome, That kerbal in the Orange KSC Suit is the testing manager. You'll want to speak to him and let him know You've arrived." Said Training Manager Assistant Jebediah replied "Okay, Thanks." They then approach the kerbal. "Oh! You've arrived. First off for your test You'll take a written test Then from there you'll each be tested in a simulation of the landing. Said Testing Manager Jebediah Replied "Okay, Where will we go to take the written test?" Testing Manager Replied "Go straight down to the left. Take a seat and complete the written test. Come to me when your Done."

Inside the written testing room

The 3 started their tests.

"Wonder why they have a written test as well as a simulation test?" Bill said. Jebediah replied "That i'm not really understanding either. I guess they just want to make sure we really know what we're doing. Besides if anything goes wrong and they can't help they don't want the kerbal dieing because he can't fly the ship." Bill replied "Yeah, Now that you say that it does make a little more sense now."

They finished their tests. It took them about 20 or so minutes KPT.

k3wx8i.png

They returned to the testing manager

"Here's our tests." Jebediah said handing the tests to the testing manager Testing manager replied "Thank You." He then reads the answers "Great job, You've gotten 100% Right!" Testing Manager said Jebediah Replied "Yes, We are experienced pilots." Testing manager replied "Yes you we're in the kerpollo 11, Right?" Jeb replied "Yes." Testing manager replied "Okay, The simulation will start with you landed on the surface of minmus. The other 2 kerbalnaughts with you are bob and bill. You will be able to talk with them by using the microphone provided. Instructions and objectives will appear at the top of your screen, Good luck."

Inside the simulation

screenshot68_zpsdab84810.png

"Hello Jeb, Bob? Can you hear me?" Bill said Jebediah and bob replied "Yes, we can loud and clear." Objective appeared at the top of the screen it sayed "TAKE SURFACE SAMPLE 0/3 TAKEN" "Three?" Bill asked Jebediah replied "All three of us need to take one." They take surface samples A new objective says "Plant a flag" Jebediah plant's a flag.

The simulation then ends...

They exit the simulation, Greeted by the testing manager. "You have passed. We will test the others, If you get a call from KSC It means you got the mission, If it doesn't then you didn't. "How long will it take?" Jeb said Testing manager replied "Shouldn't take more than one day, If not later sometime today." Jeb replied "Okay, Thanks." Testing Manager replied "Your welcome and Good luck."

That ends Chapter 1: The Test

Hope you guys have been enjoying the story, It's been a super fun process so far! It's not over yet too.

If you guys are reading this, I'd like it if you posted a comment and tell me if you've been liking it too, And what you think i can do to improve the story!

There's about 3 parts until the launch. (Not positive may make it longer or shorter) Just a friendly head's up if you were wondering. Or not wanting to finish the story, Just read on and be patient. Trust me you'll wanna know the other parts during the launch :) so just be patient and keep reading trust me you'll love it!

Chapter 2: The News

They arrived in the car at their homes. The time was about 1:00PM. We continue our story here...

They all 3 exited the car, "So, Everyone sure they got all questions right on that test?" Bill asked jokingly Jeb replied "I'm pretty sure i saw you two sneaking a peek at my paper, Haha." Bill and Bob both Replied "No, What no!" Jeb replied "Pretty defensive for a no. Heh." Bob and bill both replied "Okay..You caught us, Haha." They all laughed. They all followed Jeb to his house.

Inside Jeb's House

Bill and bob sat down on the couch. Jeb threw 2 soda's at them and they caught them. They all sat down. "So...What ya' Wanna do now?"

Bob replied "I really don't know." The phone rings Jeb picked up the call. After the call jeb hangs up, And tells everyone "We got the mission!"

Bob and bill replied "Really! Are you serious!?" Jeb replies "Yes! Yes!" Bill and bob reply "Yes! this is so awesome!" "When is the launch scheduled?" bob and bill asked Jeb "In 1 month! We're getting sent a briefing video from the KSC Facility in Colorado in the mail!"

bob replied "The videos being stored on some system like an kerpad?" Jeb replied "Yes!"

The next morning

Jebediah called bill with his kerpad "Hey, Bill. The briefing came. Turns out it was an email. Haha." Bill replied "Oh it was? Haha, Bob over there with you?" Jeb replied "No, I'll tell him next." Bill replied "Oh okay, I'll go ahead and call him for you." Jeb replied "Okay, After your ready go ahead and come over with bill, Breakfast is also here to Heh!" Bill replied "Okay, See you there." The call ended.

Bill then got ready to go, When he was done he called Bob "Hey, Bob! The briefing turned out to be sent in an email, Jeb's got breakfast waiting, The briefings ready. I'm going to head over to Jeb's House now, So get ready and head over. Bob yawned as he woke up and replied to bill "K, I'll be over in a few." Then the call ended Bill arrived at Jeb's house. "Bill, Where's bob?" Bill replied "He's getting ready. I woke him up Haha." Jeb replied "Ahhh, Okay come on in haha." Bob knocked on jeb's door jeb then opened the door "Come on let me in, It's Freezing cold hahaha." Bob said Jeb replied as bob came in the house "Haha, You always say it's cold" Bob replied "Because in the mornings it's Always Cold! haha." They all ate breakfast, then sat on the couch to watch the briefing.

"Hello, This is KSC Director of Operations and Lead Rocket Scientist, Wernher Von Kerman. It's came to my attention that you've been chosen to do the Minmus 14! I'm much glad that you are the kerbalnaughts for this mission. When i heard that you don't know how Relieved i was! But back on to the reason i sent this Video to you. You are going to go to minmus, You know that. You also understand there is a danger, We don't want to guarantee safety and have it be wrong. You courageously accepted this challenge. This briefing will be short, Everything you Already know. So if you succeed, You will go down in history and you will have helped kerbalkind greatly in their triumph of minmus. You will also be Number ONE Most selected for other missions. If you succeed all three of you will be promoted to Director of Kerbalnaught Operations And be given a medal and ribbon for this triumphant victory for the kerbalkind. That's all for this debriefing, WERNHER VON KERMAN signing off!

Edited by ThatKerbal
Here's more of the story! I hope you guys are enjoying!

Head's up!

I can finally shed *SOME* Light on how the progress will be. It's going to be slow, No doubt about that. I'm afraid you guys got to be patient And Bare with me. I can also shed some light that there will be more than 1 part/chapter. Which saying that adds to the progress. I've gotten most of the in-game screenshots for chapter/part 1 taken So i should be able to get part 1 fully or at least half done. It's going to be a fun process making this story for me! And i hope to make it a fun process for you! But i can't do that without You guys bearing with me! So please be patient, And know i'm trying my best to get the story done for you guys!:)

I'm quite puzzled as to why no ones commented yet. It's not that I'm complaining or anything. I just hope you guys are reading and enjoying it and just not commenting. :)

Edit complete, Here's a summary of what i got done.

Added A TON of new writing, A TON of new Pictures And A TON of progress, I think you guys will enjoy this latest Edit. I worked almost all day. I started at like 12 in the afternoon and i just now am taking a break at 5:12 PM. So yeah, Hope you guys enjoy this!