Kerbal Problems

tstehler1

Well there's a reason I used a recipe as an example, it's something where laboratory level accuracy isn't necessary. IIRC that was the entire idea of the imperial measurement system, simple measurements using everyday things (cup, teaspoon, foot, hand, etc) that still had a degree of accuracy when necessary.

And I'd rather have the 1/2 cup of milk. More milk means better brownies.

That describes to a tee how I use it. If I'm in a scientific situation or some other situation requiring precise and accurate measurements, I'll use Metric, but in everyday life I use Imperial.

EDIT::

I prefer Fahrenheit to Celsius, mainly because it's the system that I grew up with and know best.

Edited by Flymetothemun

That's not a Kerbal problem, this is.

You accidently done goofed, mate.

Also, with the Fahrenheit/Celsius and the imperial/metric, it doesn't really matter unless you use it everyday. And I doubt the last countries still using the imperial system will change to metric anytime soon. Unless they do what we Australians did with our currency and change literally overnight :wink:

Personally, I would be very surprised if temperatures outside ever fell into the negatives. This is because I generally use Kelvin, which means that if the temperature ever becomes negative, then something has gone terribly wrong.

I remember seeing a numberphile (or some other such science youtuber) vid describing negative temperatures. Evidently the paper they were referencing used some sneaky definition of temperature and somehow described a method where the distribution of kinetic energies is backwards or something (it was somewhat beyond me). The best part to me was to top all of the ridiculousness, the guy then mentioned that negative temperatures are really hot. It was strange but somehow made sense.

Well, I live in California and negligible amount of rain have been dropped since November.

You want to send your beer to me in WI? to keep it cold, of course.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.