Tweakables with modded parts?! (and adding support?)

jessyager

I am fairly new to KSP and am currently going 9 million different directions as far as trying to learn and do different things (generally because I try something; strand someone or cause some other kind of random tear in the space time continuum and then have to try to figure out how to fix it :/) so if I am asking this in the wrong section I apologize. Just direct me to the right place :P.

I notice that for example if I use the stock landing gear while building something I can right click it and tell it to start closed or open, lock steering etc. However with some addon/mod parts I get no options when right clicking. Is there any way to add the tweakable functionality to the parts from addons/mods?

The main issue I am having is using the B9 Aerospace Mod. I cannot open the cargo bay for the M2 Body to put anything in it. Also I have the same issue with the 6S Service Compartments Mod. I am unable to open the storage compartment doors to add anything to it. (With the latter I am at least able to add stuff from underneath the module before adding the next component however with the cargo bays this is not the case.

I am not sure if (since not originally included in game) cargo bays do not have any kind of switch that allow you to open them like any of the tweakable commands or not. But it would be nice to be able to start with addon landing gear stowed like the stock parts as well.

I appreciate any help anyone can offer, thanks in advance :).

Is there any way to add the tweakable functionality to the parts from addons/mods?

Yes. For example, the Kethane drills can be deployed in the VAB. However, this functionality must be added to the underlying part modules (i.e. plugin code).

B9 is not yet updated to 0.23. Don't ask. Nobody knows when. Bac9 is working on it as far as we know.

You can get the B9 SABRE's and cargo bays working in 0.23 by updating ExsurgentEngineering.dll and Firespitter.dll. You can find all info in the B9 topic or in a topic just like this from yesterday: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66020-B9-0-23-fixes

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.