Sr 71 REPLICA by Eorin

eorin

Hi all! After create the sparviero (a sr 71 tribute concept) i realized i wanted create a real Sr 71 replica, just because it's my favourite aircraft since childhood. It took me 5 hours to figure it out, and i come with a real big plane (the only way to respect the real size of the craft using stocks wing without make it ''fat'' or larger or shorter than normal).

I'm really happy with the results, i ve tried to respect the proportions of the plane without making it too much heavier,and i had to put obviously a large number of strut connectors for keep it very rigid; so it has 257 parts (many are connectors) so it's laggy when airspeed effects comes out, but u can bypass the lag using cockpit inview or just lowering a bit the graphic settings.

These are the results.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Statistics:

-Speed: about 1600 m/s (it's designed to be a replica not a speedrecord breaker keep it in mind)

-Altitude: over 23000 m

-Take off speed: 55 m/s

-Handling: really good it's very well balanced, at higher altitudes it is a bit hard to make it roll, but still OK

-Fuel: 384 by default (better balancement), but can be maxxed to 800

Pros/Cons:

Pros: -Design, really similar to the original

-Speed, not bad for being so big

-Handling

Cons:-Parts count: 257, i usual try to use less parts possible but this time i couldnt do in different ways

-Lag: over 12000m it start to be laggy cause the airspeed effects

DOWNLOAD:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/sr-71-replica/

IMPORTANT NOTE: Switch your kerbal pilot from mk2 cockpit to mk1 cockpit to see from IVA view

and push 2 when flyng to close engine nacelles (seems they do airbrake) to go faster.

Let me know if there are bugs or something else, i will be very glad to find a solution if needed=)

Let me also know if u like it or not, so i can improve it. BYE!

Log: -Update the craft file with a new front design for better look.

Edited by eorin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.