Losing control of probes that have plenty of power and active comms [RemoteTech]

Simple question, and I'm not sure where to start trying to sort this out. I have installed MechJeb, RemoteTech, and Kerbal Engineer. Lately, however, I have started to run into issues. The best illustration of this issue is when I try to launch a 3 pack of comm sats into orbit around Mun. I need to click the command module of the satelite, then have it undock/decouple from the Box (aka the last state that got it where it is going). Once I've done that, I can get it into orbit and everything. Once I swap back to the Box, it no longer works. It claims that there isn't a connection when A) There is plenty of power. With two of those commsats strapped to it, it has over 9k power, B) There are enough RTGs on each commsat to run each constantly (with the exception of the ion engine), and only one antenna is deployed and active per sat, leaving me with a ton of extra power, and C) The old commsats that I am replacing are still in orbit and functional.

I'm a bit confused here as to what could be going wrong. Any ideas?

Okay, this issue seemes to have been resolved. As it turned out I was incorrect and the satellites in question didn't have any extended antennas. Oops. I also havn't seen this issue repeat itself, so it may just have been a run of user errors.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.