[0.23] DC Aerospace v1.0.5 (RERELEASED- MOVED TO NEW THREAD)

EsvDefcon

What do you want to see next?  

1. 1. What do you want to see next?

• Satellite (Probe) Cores
    • Science Modules
    • Fuel Production (Renewable Resources) System
    • Engines
    • Utility Parts (Solar Panels, Etc.)
    • Satellite Parts (Compact Modules)
    • Aesthetic Parts (Make Your Satellites Look Nice)

imo think first would be good if u guys could work on sat/probe parts. if u look around there not alot of good sat/probe parts around. so hard to make decent looking probes without spending a hour jerry rigging parts around to get it lookin ggood and working good

imo think first would be good if u guys could work on sat/probe parts. if u look around there not alot of good sat/probe parts around. so hard to make decent looking probes without spending a hour jerry rigging parts around to get it lookin ggood and working good

well that's mainly because your playing a game/ save that may not be seen by anyone else but you...

so that's why people have focused more on playablity rather than "ohhh look it so pretty" (not trying to make fun of you here i'm just saying what i think is the reason for the lack of probe parts)

another reason could be the lack of useablity in the probe area. probes don't have that much use (IMO) apart from saving a kerbals life if going to other planets or (if you have kethane mod) scanning without losing a kerbal. (also maybe docking parts onto spacestations (i use mechjeb)

(if there are others please do mention i'd love to know(once again not making fun of you i'm just asking))

so making your probes look good, in the end, does not really do anything unless your gonna show someone.

Actually, we do plan on doing some purely aesthetic parts. At the moment, I'm actually working on (among other things,) some static radial radiators, and I'm working on a few other "display only" parts.

If there's anything that you'd really like to see modeled, let us know.

Actually, we do plan on doing some purely aesthetic parts. At the moment, I'm actually working on (among other things,) some static radial radiators, and I'm working on a few other "display only" parts.

If there's anything that you'd really like to see modeled, let us know.

that may throw some mixed signals weather this mod works with near-future/intersteller mods...

step wisely.

(or you know.... make em compatible

that may throw some mixed signals weather this mod works with near-future/intersteller mods...

step wisely.

(or you know.... make em compatible

I'll chat with EsvDefcon about this, but I don't see any issues with us perhaps making our parts easily compatible.

Since, for the time being, our radiators will do nothing but add mass and make your satellites and spacecraft look pretty, you could also just as easily edit the .cfg to add support yourself. As well, keep in mind that with time, this mod is also planned to have it's own ISRU systems in place, which will likely make it rather incompatible with other interstellar mods anyway.

As for a large aerobreaking heatshield? Sounds interesting. I may have something in mind for my next modelling project now. ;)

Edited by metalmouth7

As for a large aerobreaking heatshield? Sounds interesting. I may have something in mind for my next modelling project now. ;)

If you make it properly aerodynamic (so the ship doesnt flip over with FAR and DRE) i'll be VERY interested too :) Been trying to make one forever, linked to a series of girders and a powered hinge so i can put it in front of my payload... But small panels are not really good for this.

Thanks for the info, we'll give it a go :) We are also currently working on ISRU systems, and a custom plugin to allow you to gather gases from the atmospheres of planets and produce new types of fuel. We will not be updating for a little while, as we are hard at work creating all of the new parts, and coding the plugin.

As you can see, the mod is now being developed under a new name, DC Aerospace. We will soon be removing the current mod from the Spaceport, and replacing it with a new mod (the link to it will be provided), which uses a custom resource plugin for ISRU, rather than just adding in generators. We are also adding in an ECLSS (Environmental Control and Life Support System), which will make your Kerbals require air, water, and food, to be able to survive. If any of these three resources run out, any Kerbals onboard your craft will die. This will add in a much more realistic approach to the game, but will not be so difficult that it is not still enjoyable. We will also be providing you with reaction chambers to produce oxygen (which is not OP, it's a system which is being implemented on the ISS in real life), water, and food (through biomass and greenhouses).

ATTENTION:

The mod is now undergoing a major redevelopment. We are currently developing a plugin, for both ISRU (resource generation), and ECLSS (life support systems). We will keep you all notified of what will be happening next. Satellite parts, and stations modules, will be worked on as normal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.