Crazy Issues with the KOSMOS VA Command Capsule...

jessyager

I have been assembling a space station in orbit and am currently trying to lift a piece that uses the VA Command Capsule from the KOSMOS mod. It took me a while to figure out what was happening but the capsule itself is what is causing my issues. I am running a mod heavy install and will begin to test vanilla and add mods in one by one if necessary but was hoping someone else might have run in to this and might have an idea of what may be causing this.

Once I attempt to launch the rocket with the capsule on top my Vertical Velocity indicator along with my RCS and SAS status lights flicker and disappear continuously. When I just sit the capsule itself out on the launch pad the Throttle gauge blanks out. In both cases it does not show my staging, or the portraits of the Kerbals in the bottom right while in both instances there are 3 in the capsule (Verified with Crew Manifest).

Here are some screenshots to show what I am referring to:

Rocket with VA Command Capsule on top.

VACommandIssue2.jpg

Capsule (Rockets and fuel tanks added to verify the absence of those was not causing the issue here) with blank throttle gauge.

VACommandIssue.jpg

I am running v.23 of the game.

The main Mods I am running excluding parts are:

-Crew Manifest

-Kerbal Engineer

-KAS

-MechJeb

-Proceedural Fairings/Wings

-Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

-Infernal Robotics

-Remote Tech 2

-Interstellar Mod

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :P

I use the VA capsule extensively, and have never seen this problem. There must be some oddball mod conflict at play. Blizzy's recommendation should reveal which one is the troublemaker.

That looks suspiciously like an invalid Throttle value was passed in the code.

If a mod tries to set the throttle value to negative, greater then 1 or to 'NaN', the UI will glitch out like that.

(Yes, it took me way too long to figure that out for my mod.)

So, something is trying to get KSP to use an invalid value somewhere. I have personally seen this on the throttle value but I'm going to assume any invalid input, at least in the flight controls, could cause this.

I'd start with the mods that control flight values in trying to trouble shoot. Looking at your list I would start with MechJeb and then Remotetech 2.

Assuming of course this is the same error I've seen and not something totally unrelated that's causing the UI to glitch out.

D.

Edited by Diazo

To make a long story short it turns out the issue was because I did not have the VA Command Capsule Cockpit installed.

I am using a few other installs to build stuff with different parts and moving only the parts I use into this install to try to keep the texture load down. As such, I only installed the Capsule, not the interior space.

Again, thanks for the help :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.