[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Do to the frequent updates currently (although I don't expect any updates for a while), I had to maintain only the Spaceport archive. Once things settle down a lot further I'll mirror it to MediaFire.

Hrm, strange. Something weird is going on. Did you download the alternate low resolution texture pack or are you running the texture reduction mod? I can tell by your MFD and gauge numbers and text being clear. Yet your panel lettering is blurred as if it's using the 2048 version. Just wondering if the distribution has the correct textures. Mind taking an in-game screenshot and posting?

Sure, that was also with an older version of the shuttle 1.05 or 1.11 I think. I'll post an album of interior shots of v1.13 in a minute.

So I had this problem where you can't press any MDF buttons when using the included craft file.

I just found out that it does that when you have ProbeControlRoom installed and a probe connected to the shuttle.

The avionics is basically a probe part and commenting out the ModuleCommand module part fixed it for me.

So I wont be able to fly it unmanned, but I'm not planning to. :)

Hello, I appear to be having trouble downloading. SpacePort appears to be corrupting it. If it would not betoo much of a hassle, could you put up a MediaFire alternate. I will attempt to keep downloading anyway.

The point of the liquid boosters is to make the shuttle balanced during launch.

That went right over my head...

Is there something about the fire and forget nature of SRB's or some game engine limitation?

I looked at the cfg of the LRB's and tweaked them to be exactly the 9/11 ratio (2430 fuel/2970 oxidizer). No valve required to run the tanks dry, now. What I don't get about that "fix" is that I had to rebuild the shuttle to get the new F/O values to take. I guess some default values are saved in the ship files.

That went right over my head...

Is there something about the fire and forget nature of SRB's or some game engine limitation?

I looked at the cfg of the LRB's and tweaked them to be exactly the 9/11 ratio (2430 fuel/2970 oxidizer). No valve required to run the tanks dry, now. What I don't get about that "fix" is that I had to rebuild the shuttle to get the new F/O values to take. I guess some default values are saved in the ship files.

It's determined by whether the associated variable (in the PartModule's programming) is marked persistent or not. Persistent data means it needs to be tracked from ship to ship. If you switch ships or go to the space center and come back, that data needs to still be intact when you get back.

Um. Er.

Well, I know why installing KSO produces broken monitors in stock pods. I did not investigate why exactly are they broken, but it doesn't matter -- you just don't need to concern yourself with patching in monitors into stock pods, which is outside the scope of KSO - leave that to the main RPM package. :)

In GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example remove all *.cfg except hullcam-models-as-external-cameras.cfg, reduce-iva-cpu-usage.cfg

Um. Er.

Well, I know why installing KSO produces broken monitors in stock pods. I did not investigate why exactly are they broken, but it doesn't matter -- you just don't need to concern yourself with patching in monitors into stock pods, which is outside the scope of KSO - leave that to the main RPM package. :)

In GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example remove all *.cfg except hullcam-models-as-external-cameras.cfg, reduce-iva-cpu-usage.cfg

Does that include all the subfolders? remove them too?

Does that include all the subfolders? remove them too?

I'm not sure if KSO refers to any files within the subfolders, (and I did not investigate in detail) so keeping them where they are is more prudent. Removing those cfg files though should stop RPM components being patched into stock pods entirely, though, reverting stock pods to their stock state, and cannot affect KSO itself. (The indicator panel, which will remain globally replaced, but it's not like it's a bad thing.)

Installing the base RPM package with overwrite adds back whatever was missing and prevented the components being patched in from working, anyway.

I'm not sure if KSO refers to any files within the subfolders, (and I did not investigate in detail) so keeping them where they are is more prudent. Removing those cfg files though should stop RPM components being patched into stock pods entirely, though, reverting stock pods to their stock state, and cannot affect KSO itself. (The indicator panel, which will remain globally replaced, but it's not like it's a bad thing.)

Installing the base RPM package with overwrite adds back whatever was missing and prevented the components being patched in from working, anyway.

It wouldn't load the KSO computer screens after I deleted the subfolders. Back in they go!

I'm a stock-boy within Kerbal and haven't used Mods since .18, but I have to say this is one of the best, highest quality mods I've seen to date. Congrats on a job well done. I look forward to future version of this one and will be keeping my eye out for it... who knows... I may just go back to using mods.

Can someone help me with using the cargo bay? Try as I might absolutely nothing fits, I can't get anything to dock properly and using docking ports they just don't line up properly, literally ever. I can't use it. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong and step by step how they achieve it?