Should I attempt to make a 3d game?

bandit4910

I haven\'t created a site yet.

You can be the site and community manager.

Of course this is if you want the job for volunteer.

I still need a name for the game...

My website make games but we cant make any yet untill we have more helpers there is one other guy that i like never talk to name jaarad here my website name and yes hopyfully it wont have a .webs is it soon http://pirouline.webs.com/

OpenGL is used by most computer systems in the world. It can be used on Windows, MacOS, Unix, Linux, and many others. Even cellphones can use a variant of OpenGL.

However, it is a low level rendering interface. Basically it is a tool you use to tell a graphics card what to draw. YOU still have to tell it what and how you want all the numbers handled, then you pump it to the graphics card through a render pipeline provided by the Graphics API. Then the graphics card runs the pipeline, does its magic, and you get pixels on screen.

Another good option is Panda3D, with a python interface. Python, for any who have not met it yet, is a beautiful language. Python itself runs fairly slow, but Panda3D itself is done in C++, and is a decently fast and efficient engine.

Also, if you don\'t know python, then I strongly suggest learning it. You can do beautiful things in python with very few lines of code, and very little effort on your part as a programmer. It is also awesome as a super-calculator when running in \'interactive mode\'.

Also, as far as companies that take game suggestions. Lots are willing to take your ideas and turn them into a game. You just have to bring along all the funding for the game along side the ideas.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.