Is it possible to zoom in or out during vehicle assembly?

2 hours ago, Plusck said:

Bit of a necro there.

I don't understand what you need, though, since zooming (keypad +/-, or shift-mousewheel) in to the maximum takes you very very close to the middle of the VAB/SPH, and if the part you want to zoom to is actually beyond the scope of zoom it's easy enough to move the craft a touch.
If anything, it's zooming out in the SPH which has its limits (especially when importing craft from VAB to SPH).

"Bit of a necro there." I don't understand what you mean...

The reason I'd like to zoom in further is i like to work on very small, miniature crafts and I also like to place things in  precision.

I also use TweakScale so I build even tinier crafts...

I would really love to be able to alter some settings file if i can

18 hours ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Hello,

Is there any way or mod to further zoom in?

Hi, are you playing on a Mac?

It seems to me that the 1.2.1 patch has changed the default zoom modifier key - used to be left shift, now it's left cmd.

You can change it in the input settings.

Now I can zoom inside the VAB again.

24 minutes ago, Francesco said:

Hi, are you playing on a Mac?

It seems to me that the 1.2.1 patch has changed the default zoom modifier key - used to be left shift, now it's left cmd.

You can change it in the input settings.

Now I can zoom inside the VAB again.

Pls read the latest posts, that's not issue why this topic is revived

1 hour ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

"Bit of a necro there." I don't understand what you mean...

The reason I'd like to zoom in further is i like to work on very small, miniature crafts and I also like to place things in  precision.

I also use TweakScale so I build even tinier crafts...

I would really love to be able to alter some settings file if i can

Sorry, "necro bump" - the last post in this thread was over two years ago. So you're bringing it back from the dead. I don't want to sound like the web etiquette police or anything, but it's generally better to start a new thread and link the old one, if it's that old.

Still, I'm still wondering why you need to zoom in further. Just zooming in normally gets you very very close. If you move the craft slightly off centre, you can zoom so close that you're actually inside any part you choose to examine.

The various info available in this thread covers all of the different possibilities (laptops, keybindings and so on) which is why it's only "a bit" of a necro - your question is a valid extension to what was being said here aeons ago. ; - )
But still, I'm not sure what isn't working for you, given the above plus the newer Mac-specific info (since shift-mousewheel is apparently a system-level binding under MacOS).

5 hours ago, Plusck said:

Sorry, "necro bump" - the last post in this thread was over two years ago. So you're bringing it back from the dead. I don't want to sound like the web etiquette police or anything, but it's generally better to start a new thread and link the old one, if it's that old.

Still, I'm still wondering why you need to zoom in further. Just zooming in normally gets you very very close. If you move the craft slightly off centre, you can zoom so close that you're actually inside any part you choose to examine.

The various info available in this thread covers all of the different possibilities (laptops, keybindings and so on) which is why it's only "a bit" of a necro - your question is a valid extension to what was being said here aeons ago. ; - )
But still, I'm not sure what isn't working for you, given the above plus the newer Mac-specific info (since shift-mousewheel is apparently a system-level binding under MacOS).

Yes you're right.

I'm sorry.

------
I would love to capture a demonstration and share if you care...But I just need it time to time. Moving the vessel skews the perspective...

There's this Docking camera part and if the developer gets it working in the VAB all my dreams will come true and problems will be gone.

On 07.11.2016 at 6:23 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

@Smart Parts Wanter You might find this mod helpful:

You sir,

Understood me and took the time to help me with your knowledge.

And you hit bulls-eye, this mod is EXACTLY what I was hoping for.

All the communities around the world needs someone like you.

Please accept my most sincere and powerful thanks, right from my heart.

Thank you!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.