Final build thoughts

A valid concern, but given that each patch seems to mysteriously manage to improve the framerate, I doubt it.

I'm more concerned with the increased loading times since Unity has to pre-load textures each time the game starts up.

Cup of tea?

You sure you don't mean coffee? :P

I don't have the source to hand but I remember the devs saying that ksp isn't minecraft - it has an end. Between this and then we're (probably) getting new aerodynamics, sounds, planets, and star systems, as well as resources in some form.

The good ship ksp has left the atmosphere... The launch stage had been ditched, and the transfer stage is burning; There's a long way to go yet.

I think there will be a total re-model of the C7 parts, a stock shuttle will be totally possible with stock parts that is very accurate. This includes single Space Shuttle Main Engines from the 3 meter 4x cluster.

Asteroid belt including C, D, and E size asteroids as well as celestial bodies ranging from half the size of Gilly to the size of Minmus, all of them resembling Tylo, Dres, and Mun.

Diverse Kerbals, each looking different in some way from one another.

Simple ISRU, not full-on resource mining. ISRU is too big a plan for manned spaceflight I feel it's important to be represented in the game some how.

Lots of fluff here and there, like mission control screen replaces headcams for spaceprobes.

Overhaul of the way science works.

To be honest I don't think the model of alpha / beta / release is the best description of KSP. I read a lot on the forums that the game is only in alpha, I've seen games in alpha and they are barely playable with essentially no game just the engine. That description might have been true for early builds, but what we have now is a fully complete, mostly bug free and very playable game.

I think a better description of KSP is the MMO model. We have a game, it's working and complete. But the devs are continuing to add additional content. I think that when we get to a point where new content isn't being added, it won't be because the game is 'released', it'll be because the game is coming to the end of it's life. Which I hope isn't for a long time yet.

since its less than a 1/4 complete, we don't really have a big clue as to what might happen...

Um, you're not basing that on the version number, are you?
do YOU, think they are going to skip version numbers ?

No offense, but that made me laugh

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.