On the altar of Science...

Wampa842

Walking on the Grasslands, sun shining on me, a warm breeze running through the grass. I was on my way to my girlfriend. Her home was right behind that last hill - that was the moment I was captured. The men in white. They came fast, I had nowhere to run. I was captured and locked away in a cell. I struggled, but my restraints were too strong.

They took me to a facility where they locked me in a cell. In other cells were more of my kind. Old, young, men and women. They did not care. All they cared about was their "program." I was kept in the cell for days.

Finally a man in white came and released me, only to lock me in an even smaller capsule. He looked at me. I yelled and screamed for my freedom, but he discarded everything I said and closed the lid. My only source of light was a small hole.

I was moved to a room filled with noises. Drills, cutters, welders; the sounds of tools were deafening. I was lifted up.

Men in blue came. My capsule shook and the noises became even louder as they started working on it. I covered myself. Half-deaf, I was relieved when the noises ceased.

I shook again. The giant structure to which I was attached to began moving. Enormous steel doors slid open, letting in the daylight. Even the little light leaking through the small hole was blinding after days in darkness.

I saw buildings larger than I could ever imagine, railways longer than I could see, and giant metal dishes scanning the sky.

This vehicle of dread slowly came to a halt on top of a hill. For hours after, nothing happened. I contemplated on why I was locked in my prison. Am I being held captive as punishment for something I never did? Will I be sacrificed to a god I never worshipped? ...or do they simply like watching my suffering?

I heard footsteps. Men in orange entered the structure. They did not talk, they did not look at me. What appeared to be a door opened as they got in. Mere seconds later, my metal coffin started shaking violently. I was thrashing and smashed against the walls, then at the bottom as I felt the acceleration.

We were moving up at an unimaginable speed. I saw the enormous buildings shrink to little dots, then disappear behind the layer of clouds. The sky became darker and stars appeared.

The acceleration stopped. I felt weightless. Weakened from the thrashing, I just floated around, bouncing off the walls. I saw my homeplanet rotating below. At that moment, I realised I was in space.

We are moving again.

The acceleration pushed me to the bottom of my container. The planet became smaller and was soon replaced by two new ones: a large grey one and a small blue one.

One of the men opened the lid of my capsule. I threw every curse I knew at him, but he once again ignored me.

It's getting hotter.

The Sun became bigger and brighter by the second, and soon filled my entire field of vision. I thought I would fall into it.

It's colder again.

I saw the Sun disappear behind a planet. It looked similar, but it was dark green. The clouds on the surface were swirling beneath. A lightning occasionally lit up parts of it. I miss the rain.

It's cold.

I was freezing. We were hovering above a planet, covered with snow and rocks. The Sun's light barely reaches this forsaken place. It's been many years since I was captured. I've lost all hope of ever getting back home. I only wanted to see my girlfriend, my family, my friends one last time. I wanted to take control of my flying casket and smash it into the surface!

My train of thoughts came to a halt as the rusted hinges gave in to a force. One of the men in orange opened it.

Completely broken, I yelled at him, cursed at him, tried to force my way out, fruitlessly. He just stared at me, and for the first time, he talked:

"The Goo feels right at home."

Edited by Wampa842
Spelling correction

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.