The fantastic voyage of Koyager 1

WindShieIds

Yesterday I launched my Koyager I on my Kikan IV centaur, I did my best to try and match the flight path of the real voyager during this great attempt.

I forgot to take pictures of the launch, but I still have some pictures of it's Journey to Jool.

First we use the Kikan centaur stage to transfer too Jool. The little probe says goodbye to home.

WoZqBeJ.png

yMv2ISx.png

When I arrived two years later, I started to retrograde to decrease my periapsis over Jool, this way I could get the most out of my gravitational slingshot.

PU3Uud6.png

When we get even closer I burn the rest of my fuel in my centaur in order to perform the slingshot.

4H9gREf.png

Now that the centuar is out of fuel, I fire up a vacuum solid rocket booster in order to continue blasting towards escape trajectory.

RYnhfq7.png

At this point we are now at a solar escape trajectory and almost out of fuel on our V.S.R.B.

6aofuXO.png

Now that the vacuum S.R.B is away the Koyager probe can now deploy.

qzGmfHX.png

kT6CsAn.png

Goodbye Kerbol!

hFAB5w8.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.