Do you play the bagpipes

MrCoolx10

Do you play the bagpipes?  

1. 1. Do you play the bagpipes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Used to

Closest I ever came was squeezing a cat under my arm while blowing in it's tail. Some would say the sounds are similar.

I, however, love the bag pipes. I was just in Scotland for a week and have a fondness for the pipes, haggis, and being cold.

Closest I ever came was squeezing a cat under my arm while blowing in it's tail. Some would say the sounds are similar.

I, however, love the bag pipes. I was just in Scotland for a week and have a fondness for the pipes, haggis, and being cold.

I would give rep if I could...

Back on topic, I've never heard bagpipes being played IRL.

I would give rep if I could...

Back on topic, I've never heard bagpipes being played IRL.

As usual with the Youtube world, don't read the comments.

Edit: Just realized you might have meant IRL as in never heard them in person. If you can get to Edinburgh they always have bagpiping buskers scattered around the city.

Edited by air805ronin

I did for about 10 years until I turned 30. It had always been a goal of mine since I had previously played French Horn and Oboe, and apparently the pipes were the third member of that group of "3 hardest instruments to play good". It really helped that I had owned a recorder all the way from age 8 onwards.

Alas I never owned the pipes, they belonged to the marching band, and when I had to give that up the pipes went too. But hope springs eternal - I now live on a large enough property that I can play without immediate complaints from neighbours, and am considering shelling out the (not insignificant) cash for a set.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.