getting all the stuff I want seems virtually impossible

Hunne

I´ve been updating to 0.23.5 recently which means I have to update my mods again

I wanted to get hot and cool rockets too but it says I need an updated version of DRE...but where do I get it? I´m really stuck with the spaceport, the one I find there is 0.19 ?

oh and, last update attempt resulted in parachutes not doing anything but deploying...no slowdown etc...

It would be nice if modders could provide links to dependencies so one doesn´t have to search and then eventually getting the wrong on so one has to start all over again

also, what is this with modulemanager.dll? I think mechJeb gets me an outdated version

I´m really confused atm - help pls :P

The easiest way that I've found is to use the links from the threads for each individual mod here on the forums. Usually in the first post of the thread there are links to any other mods that you will require in order for them to function correctly.

The search on the forum is pretty borked, and I've found that just using google search as Pursuedtank mentioned is more reliable if the post you are looking for isn't in the first few pages of the subforums.

Failing all else, doing what you just did is the best solution. If you can't find a particular mod's thread, ask here and generally someone will be able to help you out :)

thx :)

next problem: dropped hot and cool rockets for testing in a fresh install got no exhaust at all now...I just want some firework dammit^^...the cooling effects however are pretty, uhm...cool

Talisar: ...that is IF I find them at all...search too is broken in the forum

Edited by Hunne

Forum search is not broken, you just need to understand how it works (tip: use advanced search for more options).

errr...woot? look bud, if I enter "mechjeb" in the search I get anything but the mechjeb thread, so for me this is broken

I know how the search works, but usually I would expect a normal search to only search thread titles and not vice versa which I would expect from some sort of advanced search

look, I used the advanced search to look up "hot rockets" in thread titles only, this is what I get:

Search:

Type: Forums, Posts, Visitor Messages, Blog Comments, Blog Entries, Articles, Static Pages; Keyword(s): rockets

it is broken. period.

oh, btw. any good mod for lifesupport out there?

Edited by Hunne

The ones that I know of are TAC, ECLSS, and Ioncross.

TAC can be found HERE (and is the one I personally use)

I couldn't locate ECLSS using a quick search (even advanced...go figure)

and I haven't heard much from Ioncross lately...it may be defunct for all I know.

Search is most certainly not broken - you may need to try alternative keywords, author names, or a combination thereof.

In the case of your search for "hot rockets", the keyword "hot" was dropped by the forums search engine because it was too short, and short words tend to be too common to give meaningful results.

There's also a comprehensive list of all known add-ons, maintained by nismobg.

Be aware that some modders have stated that they'll be boycotting Curse, so things may not get any easier. Just remember that in the future, you may have to look in a few places, but the forums will [hopefully] always be a good place to start.

any good mods for roverparts? I never really get the hang of designing one with good usability with the stock parts despite reading some threads on that topic...well, didn´t try since 0.21 or so

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.