Kerbal Corp Wars!

StrahmDude

We need to confirm the 1/2 or 1/3 discount for carriers. (costs half or costs a third)

Made sure everyone is happy with the building for now. Are you?

Try and get more people.

Fully trade skype and steam names, so we can stay in touch.

Tell me when you will have time to record.

Talk and create the full story.

We need to confirm the 1/2 or 1/3 discount for carriers. (costs half or costs a third)

Made sure everyone is happy with the building for now. Are you?

Try and get more people.

Fully trade skype and steam names, so we can stay in touch.

Tell me when you will have time to record.

Talk and create the full story.

I can set up a google doc for story stuff

I also updated the backstory document so make sure you check that out.

Edited by choninja21

I can set up a google doc for story stuff

I also updated the backstory document so make sure you check that out.

A backstory dock with a area for each corp would be good for writing down histories with other corps as a refresher and writing down your opinion of them and why. Something that would help all of us know what is going on and the history or backstory behind it.

A backstory dock with a area for each corp would be good for writing down histories with other corps as a refresher and writing down your opinion of them and why. Something that would help all of us know what is going on and the history or backstory behind it.

Working on something like that. It will also have things like battle summaries, the impact the battle has, etc.

Also working on a territory map.

That all would be amazing. It would really help us set everything up in summarized and easy to understand matter. Mainly help keep track of everything :P

Also side note, we all are trying to make money here (in game) also when you get off after playing to move ships, launch a ship and land it nearby as a revert ship, so you can revert and continue where you left off next time you get on.

Working on something like that. It will also have things like battle summaries, the impact the battle has, etc.

Also working on a territory map.

Sounds great whenever u feel like it could u send me the URL so i could read it?

That all would be amazing. It would really help us set everything up in summarized and easy to understand matter. Mainly help keep track of everything :P

Also side note, we all are trying to make money here (in game) also when you get off after playing to move ships, launch a ship and land it nearby as a revert ship, so you can revert and continue where you left off next time you get on.

I think a 1/2 reduction would be best(we should play around with that number)

what is the final list of buildings going to be? And how do u want to handle the making money aspect i this? Do u want to use the caravan to kerbin idea, also my idea for one turn(after one turn you get your BPs, u may have mentioned this idk) is a quarter of a year in in game time what do think of this?

I think a 1/2 reduction would be best(we should play around with that number)

what is the final list of buildings going to be? And how do u want to handle the making money aspect i this? Do u want to use the caravan to kerbin idea, also my idea for one turn(after one turn you get your BPs, u may have mentioned this idk) is a quarter of a year in in game time what do think of this?

1/2 reduction will work for now. We will see if than needs changing later.

Also the 2 ideas for BP are:

1) Caravans! This help up know when we get our BP. If we did do this, I would recommend Kerbal alarm clock, if possible, so you can always know when it delivers and redirect it to come back to your planet. We would probably use infinite fuel with those.

pros: Gives more advantage to closer planets and specifically minimus. It would make blockades possible and add more elements to war.

cons: We would have to work how how we wanted to handle how much was given whenever it when to kerban. If it got full resources then minimus would be overpowered. Also we would have to manage these things and keep them going in the right direction. It would get a little annoying.

2) Every turn you get x resources. Very simple.

pros: We don't have to micromanage things and it will keep everything from becoming overbearing.

cons: No strategy when considering blocking peoples resources. We need to keep a good eye on how long a "turn" is.

I things .25 years would be a good way to do it.

Also. When in ksp multiplayer, we will always have a ship that will be there at the beginning of the previous and current turn. This should let us use these to revert and do 2 things at once, and be able to participate in battles properly without the other person having to wait 2 months just to kill your ships.

1/2 reduction will work for now. We will see if than needs changing later.

Also the 2 ideas for BP are:

1) Caravans! This help up know when we get our BP. If we did do this, I would recommend Kerbal alarm clock, if possible, so you can always know when it delivers and redirect it to come back to your planet. We would probably use infinite fuel with those.

pros: Gives more advantage to closer planets and specifically minimus. It would make blockades possible and add more elements to war.

cons: We would have to work how how we wanted to handle how much was given whenever it when to kerban. If it got full resources then minimus would be overpowered. Also we would have to manage these things and keep them going in the right direction. It would get a little annoying.

2) Every turn you get x resources. Very simple.

pros: We don't have to micromanage things and it will keep everything from becoming overbearing.

cons: No strategy when considering blocking peoples resources. We need to keep a good eye on how long a "turn" is.

I things .25 years would be a good way to do it.

Also. When in ksp multiplayer, we will always have a ship that will be there at the beginning of the previous and current turn. This should let us use these to revert and do 2 things at once, and be able to participate in battles properly without the other person having to wait 2 months just to kill your ships.

For the caravan idea i thought that the amount of BP u get from could depend on how much fuel u got to a space station around kerbin(u would have to dock and transfer the fuel to complete the transaction)

that would of course make minimus OP which i think we can solve by making the ratio of fuel to BPs lower than more exotic planets(and moons). We would have to do the math of course to get this right(maybe like 2/3 BPs for minumus)

As for the resources per turn i think we should strive to keep it simple meaning we have more time for important things(like epic battles)

I was wondering when this is going to happen?

And are you guys going to code some Custom mods for this?

And is there a skype chat room for this because if so can I join?

My skype is thedog830

I will send you links to all the necessary documents. What do you want your role to be? Also what timezone are you in?

I was wondering when this is going to happen?

And are you guys going to code some Custom mods for this?

And is there a skype chat room for this because if so can I join?

My skype is thedog830

First off, make sure to read the whole original/first forum post.

Second we will only be using (probably) dark multiplayer.

Could you also tell us your steam name? Also time zone is very important, so we make sure you can get on for battles.

For the caravan idea i thought that the amount of BP u get from could depend on how much fuel u got to a space station around kerbin(u would have to dock and transfer the fuel to complete the transaction)

that would of course make minimus OP which i think we can solve by making the ratio of fuel to BPs lower than more exotic planets(and moons). We would have to do the math of course to get this right(maybe like 2/3 BPs for minumus)

As for the resources per turn i think we should strive to keep it simple meaning we have more time for important things(like epic battles)

Also not doing the caravan thing will make deciding territory simpler. It would also make everything easier.

Central time zone.

The role choices for me are

1. A corporation member(I can be evil!! I would love this role) I did not see this on the list so idk

2. Sharing the trader role

3. Any roles that need to be filled

www.steamcommunity.com/id/thedogzz

Edited by thedogs

Central time zone.

The role choices for me are

1. A corporation member(I can be evil!! I would love this role) I did not see this on the list so idk

2. Sharing the trader role

3. Any roles that need to be filled

www.steamcommunity.com/id/thedogzz

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)? Correct? If so, PERFECT! That is the time we are all around. Ish...

Also, you can be any role you want! You want to be evil? Go for it! You want to be nice? Go for it! Create one you will have fun with!

Also, we will only be using dark multiplayer and we will be using infinite fuel to get into orbit around kerbain. That is it.

Edited by StrahmDude

By the way, what should the rules be for movement when on your turn during combat?

I think that we should all have our turn at the same time(the only reason then for turns would be the BPs),correct me if i am wrong but using DMP, isn't it all real time? I think we should try combat with no movement rules and see how it goes from there.

Before attacking someone else's ship you should inform them that you are doing so(gives them time to react, a bit like radar) when you get within a certain distance(say .75 km)

Whats the plan in terms of the caravan? Are we dong them or not?

Also there may be a possible shortage of planets, have we considered sharing some?

I think that we should all have our turn at the same time(the only reason then for turns would be the BPs),correct me if i am wrong but using DMP, isn't it all real time? I think we should try combat with no movement rules and see how it goes from there.

Before attacking someone else's ship you should inform them that you are doing so(gives them time to react, a bit like radar) when you get within a certain distance(say .75 km)

Whats the plan in terms of the caravan? Are we doing them or not?

Also there may be a possible shortage of planets, have we considered sharing some?

2 things:

1) Would we do something where everyone could move there fighters and after everyone moved there fighter we go to the next type? To keep the ship size advantage and all.

2) We aren't doing a caravan system due to planets like minimus and the amount of micromanaging you would have to do.

Edited by StrahmDude

2 things:

1) Would we do something where everyone could move there fighters and after everyone moved there fighter we go to the next type? To keep the ship size advantage and all.

2) We aren't doing a caravan system due to planets like minimus and the amount of micromanaging you would have to do.

No i dont think it would be necisary because there will be an advantage to lots of little ships anyway- there are more targets meaning it would be harder to defeat your fleet

maybe i am wrong though, let me know what u guys thinks, also whats left to sort out?

No i dont think it would be necisary because there will be an advantage to lots of little ships anyway- there are more targets meaning it would be harder to defeat your fleet

maybe i am wrong though, let me know what u guys thinks, also whats left to sort out?

they carry smaller, lighter missiles which don't do as much damage so big ships have a advantage there. Also the small ships are more easily destroyed. Also swarms would then have a disadvantage because it would take longer to move every ship, making the numbers advantage a whole lot weaker.

By the way, I just though about how awesome it would be if we set up a battle and had a person piloting every ship/smart missile. Imagine watching that O.o

they carry smaller, lighter missiles which don't do as much damage so big ships have a advantage there. Also the small ships are more easily destroyed. Also swarms would then have a disadvantage because it would take longer to move every ship, making the numbers advantage a whole lot weaker.

By the way, I just though about how awesome it would be if we set up a battle and had a person piloting every ship/smart missile. Imagine watching that O.o

that would be awesome

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.