The Lost World...

ZooNamedGames

I was contemplating on this storyline for a while... It's just that I never got to it... Until now, so tell me how it is so far :)

The Lost World

By: ZooNamedGames

Introduction:

The year is 1969. The world is on the brink of change. Two countries race to achieve a goal of landing a man on the moon before the end of the decade. Many men have made the impossible. In the beginning of the race, Yuri Gagarin made the first steps into space... Alan Shepard soon after followed, leading America also into space. The world believes that they have made the first ever steps into space...

Chapter One:

"That's one small step for man... One giant leap, for mankind". I stepped off the LM footpads and began to scan the foothills in front of me. It was then I realized that I had made the single largest achievement in mankind. However before I could compete that thought, Buzz called down to me, "don't forget to get those lunar samples".

I look back up to him as he hands the soil collector down to me. Then I proceed to walk away from the LM before I immediately begin to trip under my own feet. So I wobble myself up and down trying to get to a safe distance from the LM.

After getting to the location, I begin scooping some of the top soil into the container. "Neil, how's the collection coming along? I'm beginning to exit the LM now". I turn around and see Buzz beginning to get out of the LM when I asked, "Did you get the flag?".

"No, I didn't. Let me grab that before I close up the LM"

"Buzz, we are on a set schedule here..."

"Neil, did you get the 100 grams yet?"

"No, not yet... I'm working it"

I continue digging around, when I scoop up a thin layer of lunar dust and see a small thin paper object buried under a few more layers of soil.

"Buzz... I found something..."

As I continued to dig deeper, I found the object was some sort of a flag... But on the moon? Impossible. There is no way that any sort of man-made material could make it's way onto the moon.

"Neil, what did you find?

"Buzz... You won't believe it. I've found some sort of a flag..."

I bend down to get a closer look, and as I do so, I rise my sun visor. I pull it out the dust to see that the flag is written in a language... That is definitely not from any on earth.

"Is a Russian flag Neil?"

"No... It's something else... This flag... It's not any flag from earth"

"It's an.... Alien flag?"

"Can't be... The flag has a image in it..."

"What image Neil?"

"The picture of Africa..."

Command finally rings in a comment, "Ok gents. We are gonna have to process this... Are you sure that's what you see Neil?"

"No doubt Houston..."

Then Buzz offers a comment, "Then this means... We are not the first humans to walk on the moon..."

Real-world tie-in. I like it, original. :)

Thanks! Like I said, I've been dieing to type this! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Hopefully the following chapters will bring more light to the story at hand.... Do you like where this is going so far?

- - - Updated - - -

If you would let me, zoo, I could proofread this for you. I'm sorry, I am just OCD about grammar. :blush:

If you would proofread something else.... Then return that to me... After that, then sure :) proofread this all you like.

Ok. Here goes. For this I decided to use another fan work

Thanks to Geeny for that post. Would have quoted him but my IPad doesn't like that for some reason. Now, the proofread version:

The engine stopped burning with a few struggled sputters. The ship groaned, thankful to be released from the force of thrust. Aside from the life support, the only sound in the pod was the nervous breathing of Beck. He was the first Kerbal to orbit the Mun. He had done it, but he couldn't bring himself to look at his instrumentation. A slight mistake had taken him on an unplanned course, and he was not sure if he had enough fuel to push his perigee into the atmosphere. A few rolls of ductape and notebooks filled with frantic calculations and scribbles kept him company as they bounced between the walls. His eyes were fixed on one of the lights above the porthole, reminiscing to his childhood, pushed by fear to delay the inevitable as far as possible.

Of course, he knew he was being silly. It would be best to find his fate out now, and prepare accordingly, but he had time. Approximately six hours, in fact, assuming the best happens. He blinked, and felt the pain of staring into a bright light. He shifted his view below, and stared at the currently black porthole. His vision slowly returned, and he looked into the sea of stars lightyears away. It dawned on him that he could spend the rest of his life staring at them, or at Kerbin through this little window outside. It felt strange, being so close to death, knowing the irrelavent little chemical reaction that he was could end.

Beck found it curious, how his little pod didn't seem to be in a crisis at all. It was as bright as on launch day, and the noise of the life support comforted him in an odd way. There were no alarms, no red lights. The ship didn't realize that the safety of the living, organic being it was meant to harbor depended on a few green numbers on a little screen. It didn't see that he would slowly starve to death, and be driven mad by the instincts designed to keep him alive.

His eyes started to wander. First over the controls, then the engine heat gauge, the empty fuel gauge, and finally onto the black screen displaying the green numbers which commanded his fate.

Pe: 92,745 m

Beck screamed.

SpaceJunk Corps. Entry# 15693

Debris Classification: Outdated Payload

Observations: Approximately 200 year old capsule, dating from before the historical purge, and containing pre-war technology. Occupant is a decomposed Kerbonaut, identified by his suit as one Commander Beck Kerman. Remains are nothing more than a skeletal blob, positioned with his hands gripping the sides of a porthole, and face glued to the glass.

Fate: Harvested for water, all paper scanned, computer memory too corrupted for a read. Sent on a trajectory for the National Kerbal Museum of Space Sciences. (Or what is left of KSC, as it was known in this poor fellow's day). Payment depends on deployment of parachute, which is in good order.

Uhhh... Guess this was my fault :/ ... I meant for you to proofread another one of MY works... Not someone else's... Can you do that? :/ sorry. My fault, should've stated my need better.

- - - Updated - - -

Please continue:)

Will do. :)

I don't get it.... I'm writing a meta story that should blow your mind.... But the story of a kerbal cold war gets more attention? I don't get it...

The best way to blow our minds is to carry on writing. :)

Unless I'm missing something, so far we have one slightly short first chapter that sets up what looks like a very interesting story. Then we have a strange detour into an unconnected story that's borrowed from somebody else. That's not a great deal to go on so far, although personally, I'm looking forward to more.

Also, if it's any comfort, the number of comments compared to number of views on this forum always tends to be low. Even an epic like The Grand Tour which took a year to write, has a thread of over 245 pages and just short of 370,000 views still only has 2,448 replies and quite a few of those are updates and comments from the author. That's not a great ratio.

If you write it they will come... Good luck.

The best way to blow our minds is to carry on writing. :)

Unless I'm missing something, so far we have one slightly short first chapter that sets up what looks like a very interesting story. Then we have a strange detour into an unconnected story that's borrowed from somebody else. That's not a great deal to go on so far, although personally, I'm looking forward to more.

Also, if it's any comfort, the number of comments compared to number of views on this forum always tends to be low. Even an epic like The Grand Tour which took a year to write, has a thread of over 245 pages and just short of 370,000 views still only has 2,448 replies and quite a few of those are updates and comments from the author. That's not a great ratio.

If you write it they will come... Good luck.

Fair enough... Should I add to this post or make new threads?

Also, I didn't borrow from anybody... Kmango just proofed someone else's story by accident... So if my writing stole off of someone, I wouldn't know since I didn't.

Fair enough... Should I add to this post or make new threads?

Also, I didn't borrow from anybody... Kmango just proofed someone else's story by accident... So if my writing stole off of someone, I wouldn't know since I didn't.

Ahhh - that's what happened there. Fair enough and apologies for any implications.

Definitely keep all the updates in this thread. Some folks add new updates to an existing post, some folks add updates as new posts in the thread. Both work but personally I prefer updates in new posts - it makes them easier to see!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.