[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Kerbal...

I'm on my .23.5 save toying with my first career mode (and my working copies of KAS and RT2) and I'm ready to really learn RT. Specifically the flight computer. However, I'm having some difficulty and most of the on line tutorials i'm finding are for old versions, so I'm not sure if they are 100% compatible.

I have a Kethane Probe at Mun in a 250km polar orbit. I've created a node at AP to reduce my PE to 100km, this will require 39.9m/s or a 29s burn at 100% throttle.

I open the flight computer, add the appropriate signal delay so that the actions will take place prior to my needing to start my burn. The actions will be [NODE] with the throttle at 100% and the [bURN] set to 39.9m/s. I depress the [EXEC] button and the countdown to the next node begins. When the craft reaches node - not my signal delay time btw - SAS turns off, the craft spins uncontrollably and then +15s later (I'll assume that is my input signal delay) the engines throttle, but of course by now I'm corkscrewing all over gimble lock.

What in the world am I doing wrong?!

For all intents and purposes, Mun has no signal delay. A delay is there, but it's too small to bother factoring into anything you do with the Flight Computer. I'm not sure how to use the EXEC button, but for performing maneuver nodes I simply tell it to hold position pointing at the node (NODE), then use the BURN button to tell it to throttle the engine to what I have it set at for the amount of dV or seconds I tell it. I've never bothered with the EXEC button. I believe that orients and burns based on the node details, and shouldn't be used in conjunction with other command buttons

Hello Kerbelnauts

I am new to this forum and play KSP for quite a while. I installed the new RemoteTech version 1.40 but I can not connect with my satellite or probes. The field is always red, indicating "No Connection".

Does anyone have an idea how I can fix it?

I play KSP in version 0.24.2 x64.

Greetings Todesschabe

I tried (node) and (burn) by themselves with the same result. Gimbal lock. Can there be some other reason why I'm gimbal locking? I have the probe body set to control from here but I also have a docking port facing the opposite direction. Is that a problem?

Does anyone have an idea how I can fix it?

No. You gave us hardly any information with which to determine what could be wrong. My best guess, based on you've been playing for a long time and just installed RT2, is that the craft you launched prior to using RT2 don't have the proper antennas on them.

I tried (node) and (burn) by themselves with the same result. Gimbal lock. Can there be some other reason why I'm gimbal locking? I have the probe body set to control from here but I also have a docking port facing the opposite direction. Is that a problem?

I've never experienced this, and I'm still on 23.5 using the community release not the newer one so can't be of much further help.

I installed the new RemoteTech version 1.40 but I can not connect with my satellite or probes. The field is always red, indicating "No Connection".

These are satellites that you launched before installing RemoteTech? If so, the antennas on them will have no targets set. You will need to edit the persistence file.

If you would like help with that just ask.

My best guess, based on you've been playing for a long time and just installed RT2, is that the craft you launched prior to using RT2 don't have the proper antennas on them.

What kind of antenna do you want me to take? I only have the normal antennas that are in play. Sub 0:23 I had the reflectron DP-10 but this is not to be found under 0.24.2. Was there or is there not a community fix or something?

LG Todesschabe

If so, the antennas on them will have no targets set. You will need to edit the persistence file.

You mean dishes. It's very important not to get antennas mixed up with dishes. The terms are not interchangeable. Antennas don't need targets as they are omni-directional and will connect to anything within range. Dishes need to be pointed towards a specific target (planet or another craft)

I installed the new RemoteTech version 1.40 but I can not connect with my satellite or probes. The field is always red, indicating "No Connection".

Does anyone have an idea how I can fix it? I play KSP in version 0.24.2 x64.

I'd love to help, but that's not enough information to give you a clear answer. What kind of antenna do you have on your satellites, and where are they (orbiting Kerbin, Mun or Jool for example)? Are the antennae on and if they are dishes, what did you aim them at? Have you tried launching a new satellite and does it have a connection while still on the launchpad?

KSC has an antenna that can reach quite a bit (750 Gm I think?), but it won't reach every planet directly, not to mention that you will have looong blackouts if you don't have any relays.

You mean dishes. It's very important not to get antennas mixed up with dishes. The terms are not interchangeable. Antennas don't need targets as they are omni-directional and will connect to anything within range. Dishes need to be pointed towards a specific target (planet or another craft)

True, but if he launched his satellites before he installed remote tech, his communication instruments (weather it's omni or dishes) will have the wrong modules. They will have stock-communication modules ("ModuleDataTransmitter") and not the modules provided by RT2 ("ModuleRTAntenna").

Edited by Creat

You mean dishes. It's very important not to get antennas mixed up with dishes. The terms are not interchangeable.

All dishes are antenna, not all antenna are dishes. You are of course correct that omni antennas don't need to be targeted so dish would have been the more precise term.

Are the antennae on and if they are dishes, what did you aim them at? Have you tried launching a new satellite and does it have a connection while still on the launchpad?

I have already grown all kinds of antennas but not on the launchpad still in orbit or so I have a connection. However, the missiles are tributary, which actually not supposed to go with the Mod

Is there a way to set the flight computer node execution few second before the maneuver node? So if I have 60 seconds burn it will start 30 seconds before the node.

Example: type 1m into the delay box and press Enter. Now all your commands have a 1 minute delay. So if you want your command to execute 30s before the node, at 1m 30s to the node, click the EXEC button, or BURN button, whichever you use. The command will execute in 1 minute, which will be 30 seconds before the node.

NOTE!! Make sure after you set your burn command, you type 0 into the delay box and press Enter, otherwise everything you do will have a 1 minute delay :P

I have already grown all kinds of antennas but not on the launchpad still in orbit or so I have a connection. However, the missiles are tributary, which actually not supposed to go with the Mod

Did you type this on your phone without reading it or used google translate? I have no idea what you're asking, as that post makes no sense (at least to me, sorry)...

It works for me too, with 80+ mods actually, and 0.24.2. but i have the "data transmission syndrome", with remote i only transmit packet like 0.1, 0.2 or 0.0 :(.

I dont know where's the matter.

Did you type this on your phone without reading it or used google translate? I have no idea what you're asking, as that post makes no sense (at least to me, sorry)...

It sounds like a stock contract to me.

(To be fair, the system for generating those contract descriptions is really well done - i was going to do something exactly like this, for another game. Though, as should be painfully obvious now, the idea only works as well as the patterns it is fed are.)

Do I need the old modulemanager in this file as well as the new one.. Not sure how it will react if the DLL has a different name. My other mods are using the new one.

Edited by Talavar

Quote Originally Posted by Todesschabe: View Post:

I have already grown all kinds of antennas but not on the launchpad still in orbit or so I have a connection. However, the missiles are tributary, which actually not supposed to go with the Mod.

Looks like it may be a bad case of google translate. Lemmy take a crack at this... I have used all kinds of antennas, but not on the launchpad, only in orbit for a connection. However the rockets are (???) which actually dont function with the mod. ....... well, that was my attempt.. anyone else wanna take a crack at it? lol

Edited by Talavar

I have used Google Translate

I have tried out all possible aerials. But I have neither on the Launchpad nor in the orbit a signal

If somebody German is able then he can help me maybe in German.

And no I have no worms in the head, but voices :-P

Edited by Todesschabe