Possibilities? - Telemetry over Network

So if you wanted the index of the current active vessel...

for (int i = 0; i < FlightGlobals.Vessels.Count; i++){
if (FlightGlobals.Vessels[i] = this.vessel){
selVessel = i;
}
}

I just want to note that this is invalid code. The second line should read: if (FlightGlobals.Vessels[i] == this.vessel) {

Currently, r4m0n of MechJeb fame and myself are working on adding a utility that will run on a second PC and connect via TCP/IP over your LAN to the game and display a host of telemetry data like what the plugin currently displays in the game window.

While I can\'t (and don\'t intend to) compete with either of you, here\'s something I threw together in a few sleepless nights:

Works over TCP or UDP, spits out whatever I came across, has limited formatting options for the people who want it raw and those who don\'t. Maybe you can make use of it in whole or in parts.

Plugin, example part and ship, source and whatnot included. Receiver software to be supplied by user (ncat appears to work fine for open source Linux hacker types ;) )

EDIT:

I\'ve made a separate post for the telemetry plugin, you can get and discuss it there; don\'t want to hijack this thread ;)

I should note that this is not complete, and it is certainly possible to break it, or it may break things, so use at your own risk.

Also feel free to modify and improve the code, provided you share the results.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.