The Black Market (Military Craft for Kerbal War Game)

I just remembered how hard planes are to fly in FAR.

And by that I mean having to roll, pitch, make sure you don't stall, and make sure you don't miss your stop.

Yes I realize this can be fixed by increasing the max AoA, but still.

That doesn't make them hard to fly in FAR, that makes them realistic. Which is easier then non-realistic to me.

Any tips, then?

Every bit of help would be appreciated.

Here are simple rules I follow.

- Use a light touch, don't hammer at the keys and try and do real sharp turns. There is a reason why airliners dont turn like fighter planes.

- Set your control surface to specific jobs. Pitch, Yaw, and Roll, never all three, and rarely two to the same control surface.

- When going faster then the speed of sound and have high dynamic pressure, use fine controls "Capslock".

- If you have no clue how a real plane works, Google and Youtube are your friends.

- Struts, yes use them. If you are good you can learn to hide them inside of the wings like have recently started doing on some of my aircraft.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Like this one the struts are hidden inside the wing, there are 5 per wing on that aircraft each wing is two procedural wings setup to achieve that look.

I have been using FAR since I started last year. I have built litterally hundreds of planes and spaceplanes with it, and I have rarely had any issues with it. I have built things that I didn't think should fly and learned that they flew quite well due to a lifting body affect. Others that I though should fly didn't fly well at all because of over abundance of drag producing items, like intakes and odd parts stuck to the outside of the aircraft.

Edited by Hodo

Guess I may as well keep this thread alive with some Tank.

Presenting the Marksman Main Battle Tank [Marksman MBT]. It comes fully equipped with a 5" cannon with 682 HE shells (can be changed at request of buyer) as well as a 762mm AP AA turret, which can also be used against ground targets with high accuracy, especially at close ranges. It also has an IFF system mounted on top of the turret, fully functional lighting, and enough RTGs to provide somewhat stable power. It can also serve as an ammo truck, as it has quite a bit of interior ammunition storage. The main body is hulled with two Type 1 armored vehicle bases connected back to back, and almost all other parts have 12.5cm armor. In other words, it can dish out a lot of damage and take a lot of punishment. And, it's only $40 million!

We at Kerboman Vehicular Industries do not take any responsibility for broken wheels, damaged tanks, or massive fires started at your base

Guess I may as well keep this thread alive with some Tank.

Presenting the Marksman Main Battle Tank [Marksman MBT]. It comes fully equipped with a 5" cannon with 682 HE shells (can be changed at request of buyer) as well as a 762mm AP AA turret, which can also be used against ground targets with high accuracy, especially at close ranges. It also has an IFF system mounted on top of the turret, fully functional lighting, and enough RTGs to provide somewhat stable power. It can also serve as an ammo truck, as it has quite a bit of interior ammunition storage. The main body is hulled with two Type 1 armored vehicle bases connected back to back, and almost all other parts have 12.5cm armor. In other words, it can dish out a lot of damage and take a lot of punishment. And, it's only $40 million!

We at Kerboman Vehicular Industries do not take any responsibility for broken wheels, damaged tanks, or massive fires started at your base

It's a simple, functional design but i have some observations.Your hull is exposed, you only have your sides armored and the turret is literally standing on your ammo, which can easily catch on fire and render your tank useless.In other words, 'it can take a lot of punishment' is a lie. Especially considering the fact that your hull may go down in 1 hit. Armor it up for the MkII. Would not buy this MkI.

Edited by SoldierHair

• 3 weeks later...

From MCA Labs to the few fans out there:

Due to a brainstorm, we will now be restarting our entire plane lines. officially, the old models such as the F-11, F-13 and F-15 do not exist. we will be starting all over from propeller planes

Red Hammer present you a T-64M.

You need protection? Are you tired of airplanes?

We have the solution to your problems! Tank! This god of war will solve all your problems.

Weapons: 5 guided missiles 1A2B (firing range 5km) (Can be rearmed of your choice)

Engine: 6 RTG, 6.4k electric charge.

Mods used: Near-future pack (for big battery, can be replaced of your choice)

Screenshots:

e85abad71e0cbcc5f9f1ca9faf37443c.png

874f8af6b30828e3a57c88e062912bd2.png

892a4dbc96d7c6aa65ff68a22db50c0e.png

Red Hammer present you a T-64M.

You need protection? Are you tired of airplanes?

We have the solution to your problems! Tank! This god of war will solve all your problems.

Weapons: 5 guided missiles 1A2B (firing range 5km) (Can be rearmed of your choice)

Engine: 6 RTG, 6.4k electric charge.

Mods used: Near-future pack (for big battery, can be replaced of your choice)

Screenshots:

http://i65.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0727/3c/e85abad71e0cbcc5f9f1ca9faf37443c.png

http://i66.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0727/d2/874f8af6b30828e3a57c88e062912bd2.png

http://i68.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0727/0e/892a4dbc96d7c6aa65ff68a22db50c0e.png

While a nice tank, I don't think it will work for this thread. This is a thread for "sales" to a multiplayer game they are doing.

here

Its the Near Future parts that would cause the problem.

Edited by Hodo

You really tought MCA Labs would build propeller planes? They are coming soon, but first, a Mach 2 or more jet interceptor, the F-1 Lightning II

Armed with twin 30mm cannons and 12 heat seeking twin firing missiles, this will obliterate all planes in your way. PM if you are interested in buying it. Price is "only" 90 millions dollar for the blueprints.

Note: the gun position are not the same as in the images, due to the plane firing on itself.

Edited by MCA

Introducing the AH-3 Wasp, a VTOL close air support platform.

Features include:

- Twin KPL-5 burst cannons w/ 64 rounds of high kinetic energy projectiles

These beasts can be configured to portion out the perfect amount of destruction for your needs. Blast your foes for hours with 2-round bursts or spew all 64 rounds of pure annihilation in one go. (default shown in video is 32 round bursts, allowing for two 'shots') When used with the gunner's sights, this weapon becomes extremely deadly.

- 2 x Mk IV Sunburst missiles

Standard stock missiles. Nothing too fancy here. Use probe cores and RCS to track straight when fired. For use when you need a slightly bigger boom.

- 4 x AIR-3 medium-range anti-personel rockets

Fired from a port on top of the ship, these high-arcing rockets will sow mayhem up to 1km in front of you. Alternatively, flip upside-down and blast the SOBs directly underneath of you.

- Advanced gunner targeting system

These gunner sights are deadly accurate when used with the KPL-5 cannons, and fairly accurate with Sunburst missiles at close range. Warranty void if used to try to aim AIR-3 rockets.

- Emergency/Hot insert landing system

Ok, so this is really just a lot of parachutes. But it looks really cool and is fun as hell. Useful if you don't have the patience (skill) to land conventionally.

- Extreme agility

LOTS of reaction wheels.

100% stock. Asking price is $500,000. Will not sell to hooligans. Every purchase enters you for a chance to win a all-costs-paid vacation to the island airstrip.

gGATORr

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.