In orbit (KSP Fanfic) 1st Chapter

Rjtaml

Yes I know, it isn't in the right place. I'm submitting it here and the Fanfiction thingy. So don't worry, I'm doing both. Just doing it here first because more people might be interested in reading it. Without further ado, time to reveal In Orbit!

Back story:

Bill is a retired astronaut now working for Mission Control with Gene Kerman. His younger brother, Jebediah, is heading for space today. But what will happen in the future?

Chapter 1

Awakening

Bill’s prospective

I woke up with a warmth on my face. I opened my eyes, revealing my room. The blinds were open and shining bright sunlight into my room. I got up and waddled awkwardly to the blinds and closed them, the bright sunlight dimming and than hiding itself behind the blinds. I turned around and went for the door. I felt something at my feet. Furry and fuzzy. Soft. I looked down. My cat Melina was curling herself around one of my legs. Melina is a black cat, with white spots here and there. She started playing around my feet. I took a step forward, and she jerked back and looked up at me. “She’s hungry,†I thought. I quietly cursed myself for not feeding her the night before.

Melina than scrambled away. I followed her through my hall, filled with about 2 doors and tons of pictures of my brother Jebediah. Than, she came to a stop and turned into a door. I followed, and the smell of washed clothes and cloth filled the air. There was a table there, with her food and water bowl on it. Melina jumped onto the table and started meowing. I grabbed the food bowl and turned around. The cat food was there, and when I turned to it, the smell of it grasped my nose like a dog on a piece of steak. I grabbed a small cup inside it, and filled the food bowl with the food. I turned around quickly, almost dropping the food bowl.

I handed the food to Melina, who was trying to reach to the food bowl, as if thanking me for bringing it to her. I put the food bowl down on the table, and she scurried quickly to it and starting eating like a tiger. I left her there, and quickly retreated back to my room to change to my suit and tie.

When I was done, I snatched up my phone and entered the password. It than went to a KASA Welcome screen. I looked at the clock on my phone. “T-2 hours, 3 minutes, and 20 seconds and counting until launch…†I muttered to myself. “I better head to work… or Jeb will kill me for not being there in Mission control while he was launching.†I whispered to myself. I went into the living room. The room was shining with light, and the TV was on, announcing the launch today. I quickly grabbed my suitcase and lunchbox, which were both sitting on a table. I jogged toward the door. When I reached it, I opened it and went outside. My car was welcoming me with a glint in the window, which revealed a seat in the car. I went to the side, and opened the door. I quickly slid the key into place, and twisted it, the car roaring to life, the loud music pounding in my ears. “I can’t wait for Jeb’s launch today. He is so excited for his 29th flight into space.†I announced to myself quietly. “Now its time for mission control.â€Â

And yeah, theres a cat. Deal with it.:P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.