.24 Preview Vids are on Youtube

Sandworm

Yeah i'm not going to watch any videos.. the last few updates have been really boring ever since they started doing the preview videos and update marathons on twitch. I play for 5 minutes and get bored since I already know everything about the update. Also, could we not get a release date? Half the fun in the update is the surprise seeing on the pop-up in-game or noticing it on the forums.

I'm thinking:

(1) You mean, TheMittani's got some 'splaining to do, because that's not Scott's channel.

The channel may be irrelevant. We don;t have the contracts so it's hard to know, but we can probably assume that this was a standard media agreement. It all depends on who used who's access to create the vid. If Manley created the vid using his access and handed it to TheMittani, then he is likely at fault for "releasing" it early to a third party. Or maybe TheMittani made the vid and Manley just provided a voice over. Interestingly, Manley did not release an early-access preview for the last update. It's a very odd situation.

Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of pre-release anticipation in this forum.

http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/harold-ramis-w-twinkie.jpg

Based on this morning's sample, it would be a Twinkie... thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.

But is that a real Twinkie, or one of those fake Twinkies that are full of lies and sadness? This would be important information to have :wink:

Indeed. The caps on windows 7 are even lower. :(

Yeah but most people have Home Premium at least. 16GB is more than most computers have right now. If your a system builder, you probably have Pro and I challenge you to find a motherboard that supports 192GB.

I know how it works: I have no idea why I said 64GB, I guess it was the morning brain derp.

If it makes you feel better, I once put a 2gb stick in the fridge when I was hungry and distracted. Not even a dongle, but an actual memory stick. The following day I accidentally put a tv remote in there, and two days later a pack of cigarettes.

We all make mistakes :)

Yeah but most people have Home Premium at least. 16GB is more than most computers have right now. If your a system builder, you probably have Pro and I challenge you to find a motherboard that supports 192GB.

There are server motherboards that support terabytes of RAM. Of course, servers run under different conditions than PCs, and could plausibly have a use for tons of RAM. Ergo, the server editions of Windows support over a terabyte of RAM.

There are server motherboards that support terabytes of RAM. Of course, servers run under different conditions than PCs, and could plausibly have a use for tons of RAM. Ergo, the server editions of Windows support over a terabyte of RAM.

Yeah, I should have said consumer PC motherboard lol.

Danny, "rescuing" a random Kerbanaut.

Where do random stranded Kerbanauts come from? I mean, In-game lore-wise, not code-wise. Are there other space programs, does the Kersoviet Space Program kidnap engineers from VacCo or Flooyd Dynamics? Are they from other player's Space Programs, secretly launching from the same site?

Also, I REALLY WANT TO SEE OMS AND VERNIERS!

Danny, "rescuing" a random Kerbanaut.

Where do random stranded Kerbanauts come from? I mean, In-game lore-wise, not code-wise. Are there other space programs, does the Kersoviet Space Program kidnap engineers from VacCo or Flooyd Dynamics? Are they from other player's Space Programs, secretly launching from the same site?

Well you don't think Jebediah does all the work, do you?

Where do random stranded Kerbanauts come from?

I don't know and really dislike this mission type. I had hoped that mission would only appear if you would strand your own kerbals. This seems artificial and bad :(

Still an awesome update of course and really looking forward to it of course...

My guess for in-game lore reason is "Kerbal-style industrial accidents"...?

Likewise, although RLA Stockalike has OMS-like functionality and FASA has actual verniers :wink:

According to Scott's mission overview,

"It seemed decent for one disgruntled worker at Va-Co, that we noticed that a few days prior to an unintended ignition, Rofurt was, well, stranded"

Doesn't make a lot of sense, true, but then Scott also mentions that the overviews are procedurally generated so yeah...

EDIT#2: Danny's overview mentions a visiting crew to FLOOYD underestimating the volatility of solid rocket fuel. So yeah, I guess the over-reaching in-game reason is 'industrial accidents'.

EDIT:

I wonder whether rescued kerbals become available on your own crew roster from then on.

According to Scott, yes.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.