[v0.13.3] [stock] [munar craft] Muna One

Hello everyone! New bottle rocketeer here and just wanted to share the rocket I\'ve managed to get to the Mun. Theoretically it\'ll get your Kerbanauts to the Mun and back... but I had a mishap with a little too much lateral velocity :(

MunaOneS1.jpg

I placed parachutes onto the solid fuel boosters here for giggles mainly - didn\'t want explosive debris crashing down onto spectators at the launch pad!

The winglets are a little wonky in this screen but I\'ve balanced them better since.

MunaOneS2.jpg

This next stage should supply you with enough fuel to burn to the Mun.

MunaOneS3-4.jpg

And here we have the main munar module that will theoretically land and take-off from the Mun. Or if things become too hairy, the last stage is merely one liquid fuel stack and engine strapped to the capsule to get it home.

I don\'t dare try to adjust this thing until at least 30,000m but then again I\'m not the best of pilots - I would imagine most of you will have better luck handling this craft :)

Special thanks goes out to Ivan Ivanovich who took the time to write up a newbie\'s how-to for KSP; your guidance saved many potential Kerbanaut lives =P

MunaOne-1.jpg

Anyway, enjoy and hope to see what you guys think of my first munar craft!

• 1 month later...

Welcome! Cool ship.

Write down the RCS controls and have them in front of you. After a while, the munar landings will seem routine, if not easy.

RCS thrusters for moon landings are for wimps. The proper way is rotating your entire craft to kill horizontal velocity!

Welcome to the forums!

That ship seems similar in mass to my lunar ship, albit much higher. I tend to build stocky and low rather then spindly and high.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.