Contracts make me not want to cheat!

michaelphoenix22

When it was just science I would start all the time trying not to cheat myself 100000 sci and knock out eh tech tree. I got bored and i wanted to get to the parts i wanted. With contracts i feel as if there is something to do. experiments to run and challenges to meet. Heck half the time i find myself actually FORGETTING to run my science experiments cause I'm so caught up in running the contract challenges.

TLDR: i like contracts :P

indeed, I turned off all reloading/quicksaving/respawning in the debug menu and now every mission counts. I really have to think about what I send up because if it fails, it's a lot of funds down the drain and every mission has a budget now or else it's not gonna make any profit. Just had to carefully plan a ship to go rescue a stranded kerbal (without RCS no less) and managed to make it in one go without any testing, really satisfying

I've played maybe 30 minutes of 0.24 and I'm already thinking the career mode is better. Not easier, but not harder. I can bust out a couple contracts early on and unlock a few parts that I find mission critical, then cruise smoothly into having a lot more fun than should be allowed. Not having to waddle around KSC is nice. Not having to rocket-hop until I can get spaceplane parts, also nice. Test a few decouplers or rockets on the ground and get a little bit for it. Sling a rocket skybound and test something at altitude, or trying to break a record.

Suddenly, I find myself liking career mode, and hating myself for trying it before the mods update and I can load it down with Firespitter and a few dozen others.

Oh, and I'm glad for 64-bit mode. I will, of course, use it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.