Optimizing Kerbal Space Program!

Qwerty1999

I have updated this guide to in hopes be more helpful.

So, here we go.

This is for the really horrible pc's with integrated intel hd graphics cards, like me.

First off let's do the small things.

Set the priority to high in the task manager!

The task manager is your friend at times it's helped with games like minecraft, space engineers and other CPU Demanding Games.

To do this open your task manager (For me i just right click the taskbar and open "Start Task Manager") Then find ksp if i remember right it's under ksp.exe or it may sometimes be under ksp*34.exe or ksp*64.exe, Then right click the process and hover over set priority, Select High.

Try closing all background programs.

Such as browsers, skype (if your not in a call), Recorders (if your not recording), And sometimes even PC Performance Boosters!To do this Just open your task manager, or close those programs!

Lowering all settings helps!

Even the smallest of things such as resolution or even blur can make a game be the bane of a gamer's existance.

But when you lower those settings, it's like being in gamer's heaven!

To do this start up KSP.

Open the settings or options menu, Go to the video tab. Then lower your resolution, or if you can play in windowed it has been said to help other gamers with performance on many games I use the lowest resolution! But i'm not done, there's still a lot more you can do! Turn off Anti-Aliasing, And turn anisotropic (if i spelt that right) to the lowest one, Bli-linear (if im correct, please correct me if wrong) So, forget about quality... You sir cannot have quality right now a better computer can be able to! So just try turning off ALL Settings, to the lowest possible.

Want to see all of the best optimization for settings and even more? Go to this other guide it's helped me and alot of others! http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/62981-Performance-Fix-KSP-Tweak-Guide

I hope i was able to help you maybe, it may still be very useless but the other guide should help you!

Edited by Qwerty1999
Trying to be more helpful.

2. Try to upgrade all the hardware you can!

3. If none of the above works... Then you might have to buy a new PC!

Technically, these steps won't optimize the program.

And if my laptop can run KSP fine with max settings, I would imagine most desktops bought/built within the past year should have little to no trouble

I'm running an i3 2.4GHz processor, integrated graphics card, and 8GB of RAM (just upgraded from 4GB last week)

Technically, these steps won't optimize the program.

And if my laptop can run KSP fine with max settings, I would imagine most desktops bought/built within the past year should have little to no trouble

I'm running an i3 2.4GHz processor, integrated graphics card, and 8GB of RAM (just upgraded from 4GB last week)

Well my graphics card was created 11 or less years ago lol intel integrated hd graphics... So i have to do as much as i can to have any fun lol.

Dont want to be mean or anything, but this guide is near worthless, all that is here is basic stuff even for the noobiest of us :P What we need is a reboot of that old performance guide here: http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/1tb006/023_ksp_performance_fps_tweak_guide_all/

Again, sorry if I sound mean, but most people will see no improvement with dis.

Dont want to be mean or anything, but this guide is near worthless, all that is here is basic stuff even for the noobiest of us :P What we need is a reboot of that old performance guide here: http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/1tb006/023_ksp_performance_fps_tweak_guide_all/

Again, sorry if I sound mean, but most people will see no improvement with dis.

No, i'm sorry lol.

I'm updating the guide with more things, I wasn't thinking about everything i knew so please give this guide another chance once updated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.