Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

You pretty much missed it and if you haven't realized over the last 4 months that I have links in my signature maybe you should look towards the only thing I have talked about apart from the tournament.

Edit:Tournament cancelled due to little interest.

Edited by Spartwo

On 12/10/2015, 2:59:05, Zamovinar said:

Is Panzer1b still on? My laptop is fixed, I've acquired a new charger, updated my KSP version and finally settled in a new house. It's pretty comfy in my new home, I'm back on build mode so watch out.

Im still around, but im not really doing too much competitive ship building atm, having fun making less hardcore ships that are still well armored but not insanely OP.

Once U5 hits then ill be back to competitive ship design.  Ive just gotten to the point in so fed up with lag and crashes that im basically making mostly fighters, bombers, support ships, and some low part count capitals (most ~200 parts total).  i will get back to competitive design, but until U5 (and assuming we actually get any noticeable performance boosts with high part count ships), im on break from anything majorly combat related.

If you want to know what im working on ATM (aside from studying for finals), im making a few land vehicles of various styles and designs, working on a few well built SSTOs, both in AKS and other styles as i dont just make AKS faction tech exclusively, and making a massive refinery i plan to send to a class-E asteroid which im working on getting to Minmus orbit.  The refinery sofar looks amazing though, so much detail, and it comes in many many individual launch vehicles since its kinda a procedural refinery.  Ohh, and its also armed to the teeth, no fighter shall pass its defenses!

The refinery is modeled after this:

http://media.battlestarwiki.org/images/f/f8/CTR.jpg

On 12/9/2015, 5:30:32, 8bitgammers said:

now comes with a rotating torpedo mount

Cool, but how do you get it to not float away when using time warp?  With land vehicles i dont seem to get much of an issue, but ive tried turrets in space (without the robotics mod ofc), and they just dont work well at all even if they look cool.

Edited by panzer1b

13 hours ago, 8bitgammers said:

the newest from O.K.N

the Space-Ty:

in a short amount of time i may be able to battle, if anyone is ready. i just need to get my fleet ready.

Please gimme a download link to those missiles.  Ive tried to make shrapnel weapons for like EVER now, ones that will self-detonate at some distance from the ship!  If its not too much to ask, plz dont ruin those ultra cool weapons, id love some legit FlaK cannon shells with time delay fuses.

Also, ill be glad to battle you once U5 hits (the lag is just unbeareable right now).  I have a few hardcore ships, and alot of weaker/purely for fun warships too.  My competitive ship is an older model corvette, ~60-80t depending on how much fuel/weapons i bring, and it is so-so armored, but 250 part count, so i cant really complain.

Edited by panzer1b

10 hours ago, panzer1b said:

Please gimme a download link to those missiles.  Ive tried to make shrapnel weapons for like EVER now, ones that will self-detonate at some distance from the ship!  If its not too much to ask, plz dont ruin those ultra cool weapons, id love some legit FlaK cannon shells with time delay fuses.

Also, ill be glad to battle you once U5 hits (the lag is just unbeareable right now).  I have a few hardcore ships, and alot of weaker/purely for fun warships too.  My competitive ship is an older model corvette, ~60-80t depending on how much fuel/weapons i bring, and it is so-so armored, but 250 part count, so i cant really complain.

sure,

here ya go!

http://www./download/nbrb5fm7y4zqefo/Space-Ty.craft

by, wait until my fleet is ready... i meant wait for unity 5 too. :)

Made this thing when i was bored, not very practical, and im still not 100% happy as its not quite seamless, and its bloody 500 parts, but it actually looks like a proper flagship and not some puny AKS corvette which may be good at combat, but its just so puny.

IUdyc5E.png

The aurora-class frigate (and no i did not steal the name of one of your ships Zamovinar, its called aurora since its actually replicating an aurora class warship).

Edited by panzer1b

My new Sparrowhawk will be here soon (TM), for your amusement.

Torpedoes use two spider engines (one of the 3 usable torpedo engines, Ant, spider, and Mono-propellant engine) that are angled to provide torque for the torpedo to be accurate. The idea was an improvement idea i had for Macey Dean's old torpedo, remember, the 4 part one with the 1 ant engine, yeah that one). due to the firing mechanism, only 2 can be stored at a time or else it'll take hours to get the staging right.

Edited by Ogcorp CEO

Gentlemen, I present to you the KRATON, a better version of the BASIL.

Craft File: https://www./?dvozwz5nc62dfcx

K.R.K.N. (Kraken Technologies)

Class: "Heavy Cruiser/Battlecruiser"
Name: "Kraton"
Model: 11
Cost: 516,141
Part Count: 585 parts
Total Mass:  153.8 tons

Ca5nger.png

Armament:     Equipped with six (6) "Tirepedoes" (Specially developed Tire Warheads). Missiles can be used as long range cruise missile (for ship interception) or direct fire (for close-encounters). Equipped with two (2) direct shot heavy I-beam missiles or close combat. (Heavy variant). It can be equipped with additional armament easily depending on the need.

Armor and Constuction:     Basic rigid structure with overall triple layered armor. Quadruple layered armor near the center but Five (5) Layers of armor at the Probe Core together with strut reinforcements. Can take up to and estimated 3-4 critical hits before going down built using a newly developed Hull-Fuel-Engine construction. A compartmentalized combination that acts as the whole reactive armor. Plus external struts which gives it strength and flexibility.

Powerplant and Propulsion:    8 thermoelectric generators with solar panels. Multiple aerospike engines (8 exposed) plus hidden engines (top secret technology) with basic fuel.

Notes: press 1 to toggle solar panels and 2 to toggle engines.

IdELH2t.png

Description: Next iteration of the former Battlecruiser BASIL but with a different core/hull configuration plus multiple engine layout (classified technology in use) which will still function and move even of the engine cluster of the ship is damaged. 

This is a Fourth (4th) generation heavy duty starship of the Kraken Faction which now serves to protect it's sovereignty. It's a slightly tougher version of the BASIL which can shrug off tirepedoes easily. 

Kl1o9f5.png

Edited by Zamovinar

Guys, I'm working on a tank, got any ideas concerning bearings?

TVBi8dE.png

EDIT:
The front and sides are 8 plates thick, weighs in at 54 tonnes and has a part count approaching 600. Completely impractical and stupid, but at least it looks somewhat decent. It's based off of the Leopard 2A7.

5OXFB1n.png

ke3zckR.png

97zVWaL.png

Edited by AlexanderTeaH

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.