Why is my part so small?

I made a simple cone shaped probe core. I modeled it in Blender using metric units. It started as an 18 sided .625m diameter cylinder. When I got it into Unity, it was tiny, so I used Scale at 50 on all axis and that worked. When it got into the game though, it was tiny again. I set the rescale factor in the .cfg to 50 and it was perfect. So I have a workaround, but why is this happening in the first place?

So when you go to the project view in Unity and select the mesh you exported, there are a bunch of import options in the Inspector. One of these is called "Scale Factor" and for some reason it defaults to 0.01, so set it to 1.0 and it should be scaled correctly.

Another thing about exporting parts with the KSP Part Tools: you can't scale the object with the Part Tools and expect it to export with that scale. What you need to do to fix that is scale the mesh object as a child of the Part Tools object and then export it to maintain the scale.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.