Proven Orbit - Launch assist for repeat orbiters

I got this idea after doing many a fuel run to my interplanetary vessel. with 8 large red tanks to refill i made a launch vehicle which transported approx 1.5 tanks into rendevous with the interplanetary vessel.

because this took multiple launches of the same vessel it got a little tiresome.

So i thought 'What If?' - have a tracking module that can be attached to craft, so once you have launched it and got into orbit, you can then right click the module and 'Save Launch peramiters' (orital periaps, apoaps, and fuel) . then from the space centre have an option for 'Repeat launch' that duplicates the ship in orbit with say 5-10% less fuel and and approximate (+/- 5%) orbit.

im sure this would be a fairly simple mod, but i lack the skills to make it myself, but i feel it would be a very helpful addition.

Have you try Mechjeb?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/12384-PART-0-24-2-Anatid-Robotics-MuMech-MechJeb-Autopilot-v2-3-1

It has something called Ascent guidance. If you've a fairly stable rocket, you can set it up to target a specific orbit.

There's even a Rendezvous module that will get your two ships together once they're in orbit.

yeh i know of mech jeb, but was thinking something simpler with just this one feature,

was thinking that when you 'Repeat Launch' it could happen instantly (or X amount of minutes after activation of repeat launch co-inciding with the mission time when you 'save perameters')

i steer clear of mech jeb as it feels a bit too 'cheaty pete', also was hoping this feature would have ships put into orbit without having to watch the launch

yeh i know of mech jeb, but was thinking something simpler with just this one feature,

was thinking that when you 'Repeat Launch' it could happen instantly (or X amount of minutes after activation of repeat launch co-inciding with the mission time when you 'save perameters')

i steer clear of mech jeb as it feels a bit too 'cheaty pete', also was hoping this feature would have ships put into orbit without having to watch the launch

You could try hyperedit, just change the spacecraft in the VAB so it has the same amount of fuel it normally has when you get to orbit, then send it to the normal orbit it reaches.

You could try hyperedit, just change the spacecraft in the VAB so it has the same amount of fuel it normally has when you get to orbit, then send it to the normal orbit it reaches.

Or edit the fuel levels in the interplanetery rocket.

Afterall, it's only busy work, might aswel cheat it out

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.