Do you mean the KIA panels ? Really, those are a blast from the past ... maybe it is SP+ related ?

I don't think so... I'll try making it happen in stock. Be right back.

EDIT: This is what happened.

1. I tried (and failed miserably) to land a plane on the island runway, where the capsule blew up instantly after the nose gear touched the ground due to high sink rate.

2. The game auto-switched to this plane which I had successfully landed. with parachutes

3. Cue the KIAs...

Edited by FCISuperGuy

There's a bug which puts one capsule over another capsule (probably of the same type). If you go IVA, you'll realize you are looking at two capsules overlaid over each other - particularly on navball. If you destroy one of them, the other will show KIA icons.

There's a bug which puts one capsule over another capsule (probably of the same type). If you go IVA, you'll realize you are looking at two capsules overlaid over each other - particularly on navball. If you destroy one of them, the other will show KIA icons.

Yep. Saw that in tests too.

I can kind of answer this! I was playing with Kerbal death in my mod, so I know how to trigger this. Basically, when you kill a kerbal you have to do two things - register them as dead (ProtoCrewMember.Die()) and remove them from the ship (Part.RemoveCrewmember(ProtoCrewMember)). If you register them as dead but don't remove them, you get the KIA screen. However, it still allows EVA/IVA. Simply exiting the ship and reentering it will cause the KIA status to clear.