[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

I rather think that something is wrong with the RealChute-Patches.cfg. Take a look at line 179.

Let me find that if realchute break other chute part as well.

EDIT: Yep, just that paradock part. Other chute parts work fine.

Ah yes, you're right. What's weird is that I can't see any difference between the paradock part and say, the radial drogue chute part. I can only think that somehow, the RC patch isn't being applied to that, but I can't see why that would be. How very strange..

That'll be RealChute breaking things.

Nope, I'm not using RelaChutes and it's broken for me too.

- - - Updated - - -

In stock it has a tankbutt. Tankbutt doesn't go with engine, usually, so Ven uses something else. You can use the LVL909 B without the tank.

Well, actually, what the LV-909 has is a boattail. It's a multi-layer insulation boattail, but it doesn't really make sense to have a boattail on an upper stage engine like this.

Ah, I think I know what the problem is - dockingPort2 is changed (line 1483) and then ParaDockingPort (line 1541) is copied off of that changed one rather than the stock one as the change occurs earlier in the cfg. This is why you see the light sliders and stuff on there - it still has ModuleLight defined in the cfg but as the model doesn't support it, things get screwy. I said RealChute was causing the problem as it was the one that spammed the error in the log - evidently it's because of said screwyness that RC just fails. Just tested it and yes, I have the same issue. Doesn't appear in staging, tweakable menu is giving odd options and numbers.

This is total speculation though, I don't know the processing order of things. It would make sense though

In stock it has a tankbutt. Tankbutt doesn't go with engine, usually, so Ven uses something else. You can use the LVL909 B without the tank.

The problem is, when I install that mod on already longplayed campaign with lots of flying vessels. On every vessel, that uses LV909 and looks good in stock, appears that toroidal tank, that doesn't fit general design of previous vessel. So, I think, it would be better to change revamped lv909 and lv909B models, so it doesn't mess craft design. And make lv909B with actual fuel store, so tank wouldn't be just a decoration.

The problem is, when I install that mod on already longplayed campaign with lots of flying vessels. On every vessel, that uses LV909 and looks good in stock, appears that toroidal tank, that doesn't fit general design of previous vessel. So, I think, it would be better to change revamped lv909 and lv909B models, so it doesn't mess craft design. And make lv909B with actual fuel store, so tank wouldn't be just a decoration.

It is kind of a problem with wide sweeping change to all models to any save with existing vessels. And Lv909B is basically the LV909 without tank, being all bare and stuff, so not sure if you want that either.

But you can swap the model around though with another MM cfg if you do. Not-tested example:

@PART[liquidEngine3]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]
{
!MODEL {}
MODEL
{
model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Engine/LV909B
}
}
@PART[VenLV909b]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]
{
!MODEL {}
MODEL
{
model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Engine/LV909
}
}

A few of us add fuel to the LV909 tank ourselves. This is what I used, adding fuel worth of a toroidal tank, along with mass and cost, basically just save you from attaching a tank to an LV909B:

@PART[liquidEngine3]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]{
@cost += 360
@mass += 0.025

RESOURCE
{
name = LiquidFuel
amount = 10
maxAmount = 10
}

RESOURCE
{
name = Oxidizer
amount = 12.2
maxAmount = 12.2
}
}

Haven't tried a fresh install, but I'll do that now. It'll give me a chance to prune the mods I don't really need, anyway!

I'm running on Windows 7.

Okay, that worked! Thanks for all your help.

And Ven, the new update is amazing!

OK, I almost thought something went wrong for me when I encounter the RCS blocks. Thought I had a duplicate because the descriptions are the same and the models are almost the same. Then I noticed that the angles of the nozzles are actually different. That got me lol.

Edit:

Anyone know how to specify the shiba engine as a 0.625 engine so tweakscale doesn't automatically mess things up for me? *figured this one out. Just need a poke at the tweakscale module.

Edit2: Still did not see the negative alternator module on Shiba that counteract the energy generation from the generator.

Also, I still can't find that antenna that also works as landing leg.

I *beeping* love the new ladders btw.

Edited by RainDreamer

I don't quite understand the Readme file. I states "Drop the .bat file in KSP and run it to disable the loading of replaced Squard assets"

Am I supposed to start the game first, and then drag and drop the .bat file into the game window?

No. You know how mods go in the Gamedata folder? The bat file goes in the folder above that, the main folder that contains Gamedata, KSP.exe, KSP_Data and all that jazz. Double click the bat file to run it and the replaced Squad assets will be renamed so KSP doesn't load them. That will break mods that rely on those textures (like SXT, for example) though.

No. You know how mods go in the Gamedata folder? The bat file goes in the folder above that, the main folder that contains Gamedata, KSP.exe, KSP_Data and all that jazz. Double click the bat file to run it and the replaced Squad assets will be renamed so KSP doesn't load them. That will break mods that rely on those textures (like SXT, for example) though.

Yes I know how to install mods, I was just unsure of what to do with the bat file. Do I run the bat file before starting the game or when the game has loaded?

Yes I know how to install mods, I was just unsure of what to do with the bat file. Do I run the bat file before starting the game or when the game has loaded?

Like he just said.

"The bat file goes in the folder above that, the main folder that contains Gamedata, KSP.exe, KSP_Data and all that jazz. Double click the bat file to run it and the replaced Squad assets will be renamed so KSP doesn't load them. That will break mods that rely on those textures (like SXT, for example) though."

Do it before the game has loaded.

Hi, with this mod installed (ver. 1.7) and with the .bat file applied, I can´t play, some times crashes when loading and sometimes before the "space center buildings map view". I have many mods but they work properly and never had a crash before, but with Stock part Revamp I have that issue.

Anyone else noticed any funky behaviour with the docking ports? Both NavyFish's indicator and MechJeb got really confused when I was docking after updating - both were indicating the port being 90 degrees rotated (on the yaw axis, from memory). Was able to dock manually, though on closing with the port, my whole ship got spun round to match the roll of the vessel it was docking to.

Hi, with this mod installed (ver. 1.7) and with the .bat file applied, I can´t play, some times crashes when loading and sometimes before the "space center buildings map view". I have many mods but they work properly and never had a crash before, but with Stock part Revamp I have that issue.

Hello. I can't tell much. Please upload the log file so we could take a look on more detail.

You get output_log from KSP_Data folder from your ksp installation.

But If I'm going to guess, You may running out of memory. Try using the active texture management mod.

Sounds like you're running out of memory. Are you running Active Texture Management?

(also, @Ven - as someone who is already running ATMaggressive and having pruned stock, with B9 and OPM as their only other memory-heavy mods, I'm seeing a lot more crashes than I used to - any chance there could be a bit more sharing/condensing/whatever of textures?)

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

Oh, sorry I didn´t mention thay I was runing x64 version...

Step 1, don't do that.

Step 2, remove Snacks!, JSIPartUtilities and BOSS (all throw errors during loading)

Step 3, run the VSR_prune.bat to remove the unneeded Squad assets

Step 4, start KSP using the x86 version.

You're already using ATM, so honest question - why bother with the x64 version then?

So, I'd like to make one request:

Can you add a ring or something to the Service engine (formally Poodle)?

I forgot it was a 2.5m part and added it to my 1.25m ship, which caused a 2.5m engine fairing to appear. Looked weird.

Anyway, the engine itself fits perfectly on 1.25m parts, and the icon doesn't make it clear either.

Thanks.

PS.

There's still a tiny gap on the fuel tanks. It's noticeable enough due to the aliasing that's not present when parts match up evenly. :-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.