B9 5.1, Procedural wings 8.1, FAR, Active Texture Management and supporting mods

This is no longer an issue.

I've installed (and reinstalled, and updated, and verified game integrity, and deleted most of my KSP folder, and reinstallled KSP, and then reinstalled):

B9 5.1 - the latest version as of this posting.

Procedural wings 8.1 - same.

FAR 14.1.1 - same.

Active texture management basic, latest as of today, in both 32- and 64-bit flavours at different times.

And the supporting mods, including removing and updating the Module manager, and updating Firespitter so that Module manager let it run. All of the mods are said to work with .24.2

I've tried running it multiple times. Each time, the game will do one of a few things:

In 32-bit, the game runs out of memory while loading, despite ATM being installed, and the only parts/textures mod installed being B9.

In 64-bit, the game runs most of the startup, until it reaches a specific point, usually the stock cupola cockpit interior space, and freezes. It will continue to stay frozen for at least half an hour and most-often crash if I tab out or ctrl-alt-delete. I know it isn't eating all 16 GB of RAM, usually just ~4.5.

I did one thing that might cause an issue. I set the 64-bit version to run with my NVIDIA card because on a previous install with the new B9, <100 part ships were lagging worse than I would expect a 1000-part ship to lag, and had what looked like 16-bit lighting quality, which I strongly suspect was related to KSP_x64 choosing to use my Intel card.... or perhaps even the CPU, for running graphics. It wasn't physics, since everything ran fairly smoothly in the map view.

Did another test, this time with ATM set to 4 times compression (which, if I'm not mistaken, means that they are scaled 4 times in EACH DIRECTION). 32-bit works now, albiet with all lighting, including the sun's reflection, 16-bit-looking and the physics timerate moving at only 80% realtime for a 120-part craft (which would normally not make my PC even think about lagging. I've got a 770m and a 4700MQ and 16 GB of RAM).

Any idea how to fix the wierd lighting bug, framerate issues, and preferably the 64-bit? I know that the 64-bit version is semi-compatible with these mods, since I ran them earlier today on it. I just got lethal amounts of lag and the same wierd 16-bit or 8-bit lighting bugs.

EDIT:

Got pics of the derpy 8-bit lighting.

Good lighting in the editor.

zJcc3nl.png

WTF bad lighting while running.

119nyxF.png

EDIT2: Welp, it appears that B9 has had another update a few minutes ago. Looks like I'll try that.

EDIT3: Turns out that it uses an updated moduleManager beyond the updated one. Good lord things are updating faster than I can download and test them!

EDIT4: Nope. That didn't fix it.

EDIT5: Redownloaded ATM and didn't edit the config to compress textures. Seems to have improved the situation, though lighting quality still seems better in the editor than ingame, but by a dramatically less severe amount. Takes up 400 megabytes more, but at least it runs.

EDIT6: it had nothing to do with ATM and everything to do with the pixel light count being set to maximum, which for some reason, makes the graphics worse. I am setting it to 0 for now.

EDIT7: HOT DAMN! That plane right there, even at a TWR of less than 0.5 under typical conditions, with the torque disabled, is capable of supermaneuverability... with 155 tonnes and 241 KErbals onboard... It's a fraking airliner so neutrally stable with such good thrust vectoring that it can do Pugachev's Cobra or a Kulbit. Best part is.... The center of lift actually moves BACKWARD at supersonic speeds. It becomes MORE STABLE the faster it goes. Yup. Confirmed. I just did a double Kulbit with no SAS and no cockpit Torque and survived and pulled into normal flight. In an airliner.

Edited by NathanKell

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.