More Easter Eggs and ruins?

ksabers

Hello everyone.

I would like to know if there is somewhere (or if someone is planning to create) a mod to add "more easter eggs" on the various planets of Kerbol system.

What I mean is, for example:

• wrecks of ancient spaceships
  • ruins of buildings
  • fossil bones or skeletons of unknown animals
  • inscriptions on rocks
  • and so on...

I ask this because my main interest is exploration (with the Scansat mapping mod) and such a mod would be extremely funny to play. A more complex version could include a return of science points, but just the visual enhancements would be very satisfying to find.

Thank you for reading!

Giorgio

I am thinking about a mix of "casual" points... natural formations like the arches, for example... and some other features tied together, for example inscriptions with pieces of a code... Once decrypted, the code could allow... who knows, maybe a door to be opened in some ruins on a island on Laythe...

It would be like a scavenger hunt, just for fun, completely optional. I would like it very much.

Giorgio

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old post, but I just had this same idea, and searched for it. Rather than starting a new thread, I'll just bump my support for it.

Whether someone makes a mod for it, or the official game gets some more content, I'd LOVE to see more "Points of Interest", eastereggs or ancient ruins, to explore/find on the various planets/moons.

I've been contemplating using a mod like Outer Planets, to give me more interesting locations to explore, but frankly, if there were more things to discover on the already existing planets/moons.. That would probably be more than enough, for me. heh

A nice "adventuring" mod is the Contract Pack Anomaly Surveyor, which sends you around the whole solar system hunting for anomalies (and even adds some surprises).

Everything that adds some "story" elements to the game is definitely appreciated! It even boosts interest in doing some missions which would be otherwise "boring". For example, after dozens of landings, maybe reaching the Mun is not fun anymore, until you suddenly find a mysterious "dot" on your scanners...

As I said, the reward for solving the mysteries could be money, and/or science points, or just the fun!

Giorgio

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.