Problem with linux (Ubuntu actually)

Pawelk198604

My friend installed Ubuntu on laptop he told me that laptop whit Ubuntu work faster, and battery last for longer. But i have problem with this Linux text Editor "Wirtter" when i typing cursor often skip to different places in text, with is quite annoying. Just wonder does is possible to Install Linux/windows xp/7/8 on the same computer?

I remember that on my old desktop computer with win xp, i managed to install linux aside Win xp, using guidelines from computer magazine, it was risky because i'm rather lousy IT technician:D but i did it:-) eventually i removed because it not looked as cool as think i would be.

Yes, it's possible to install a dual boot with Linux and Windows, but it's easiest to do it by installing Windows first taking up the whole drive, then install Linux. The installer for Ubuntu well guide you through setting up a dual boot, it's pretty easy.

However your issue doesn't sound like you need to take such drastic action. It sounds like you need to change the settings so that the track pad is disabled while you're typing.

Yes, it's possible to install a dual boot with Linux and Windows, but it's resist to do it by installing Windows first taking up the whole drive, then install Linux. The installer for Ubuntu well guide you through setting up a dual boot.

However your issue doesn't sound like you need to take such drastic action. It sounds like you need to change the settings so that the track pad is disabled while you're typing.

You think it's because track pad?

But i have problem with this Linux text Editor "Wirtter" when i typing cursor often skip to different places in text, with is quite annoying.

I get that with my (Windows) laptop all the time - accidentally brushing against the touchpad while typing. Are you sure that's not what's happening?

Just wonder does is possible to Install Linux/windows xp/7/8 on the same computer?

Yes, but for someone who's not comfortable installing OS's it might be a bit daunting, especially if you need to keep some of the data on the HDD and don't have a way to back it up to somewhere else first.

If you do want to try it, there are plenty of HOWTO's online, but the basic premise is that you install Windows first on the first partition, then Linux on a second partition.

Alternatively you can try running Windows inside a virtual machine. VirtualBox is probably the simplest to try.

EDIT: Comprehensively ninja'd..

I get that with my (Windows) laptop all the time - accidentally brushing against the touchpad while typing. Are you sure that's not what's happening?

Yes, but for someone who's not comfortable installing OS's it might be a bit daunting, especially if you need to keep some of the data on the HDD and don't have a way to back it up to somewhere else first.

If you do want to try it, there are plenty of HOWTO's online, but the basic premise is that you install Windows first on the first partition, then Linux on a second partition.

Alternatively you can try running Windows inside a virtual machine. VirtualBox is probably the simplest to try.

EDIT: Comprehensively ninja'd..

Thanks very much

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.