3. Run patcher.

4. Restart Game.

5. Enjoy single items.

Right click Kerbal Space Program on steam

Then hit Local Files

Then, hit Verify Integrity

Done.

Reason:

They changed Part Config names, so the part.cfg is still there.

So this worked for me.

Edited by kenbobo

Short question: would it be possible to have the patcher perform an rsync --delete?

Long reason: I pay for bandwidth and went elsewhere to pull the update to a thumb drive. I'm loath to do that again when all that needs to be done is a selective delete. The patcher is obviously built on rsync, which is capable of doing just what I need; all it takes is the "--delete" switch on top of anything else. So the question really is, can I somehow make it happen?

Short question: would it be possible to have the patcher perform an rsync --delete?

Long reason: I pay for bandwidth and went elsewhere to pull the update to a thumb drive. I'm loath to do that again when all that needs to be done is a selective delete. The patcher is obviously built on rsync, which is capable of doing just what I need; all it takes is the "--delete" switch on top of anything else. So the question really is, can I somehow make it happen?

I don't know, i just did this and it worked. It just gives you the parts back, no other files THAT I KNOW OF. I am prob wrong, i just don't know.

Why is this not stickied yet?

Because there is a whole slew of issues, and I'm working on a new sticky to cover most/all of them. If there were too many stickies, you wouldn't see the rest of the posts! :)

I found a less bandwith consuming way:

Go to /kspdir/gamedata/squad/parts and then search for .cfg files, delete all of them then run the patcher. I recall the total download to have been around 2 megabytes

• 3 months later...

Right click Kerbal Space Program on steam

Then hit Local Files

Then, hit Verify Integrity

Done.

Reason:

They changed Part Config names, so the part.cfg is still there.

So this worked for me.

Do the following steps:

1. Go into /KSPDIR/GameData/Squad

2. Erase Parts folder.

3. Run patcher.

4. Restart Game.

5. Enjoy single items.

So I followed the directions here, but it did not fully repopulate the parts folder. I reloaded the game prior to knowing this and it took all of my flights out. Not that many,admittedly, but still sucks. When I go in the game, not all of the parts are there. What did I do wrong?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.