Engine Test Contract Not Completing

Doing the R-10 booster test contract and I'm having issues with it.

It says to activate it through the staging. Now, I would assume this simply means pressing spacebar, correct? Yet this doesn't work. Once all my marks are green, I try the only means to activate via staging and that is pressing spacebar.

I tried doing it with a detachment coupler so when pressing spacebar, it would separate the engine. Also, you can't actually activate a booster once its already activated, so... *shrugs*

Edit *Never mind, figured it out. I had to ACTIVATE the engine when all the ticks were green. Ended up creating a empty stage below my engine one, and manually activating the engine, then pressing spacebar once all was green. Bit of a weird work around, and something Squad need to look at.

Edited by Xyd

Doing the R-10 booster test contract and I'm having issues with it.

It says to activate it through the staging. Now, I would assume this simply means pressing spacebar, correct? Yet this doesn't work. Once all my marks are green, I try the only means to activate via staging and that is pressing spacebar.

Well, it means pressing spacebar to activate it when it's not currently staged. It doesn't operate any differently to staging to the engine under normal conditions, the contract specification is basically "stage to this engine when the conditions are met". So if you've already staged to it, pressing space will indeed not stage to it again.

I mean, if they'd wanted to be really picky about testing the engine correctly, you wouldn't be able to run the test on the exact same engine you flew up on...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.