[Answered] Mod for editing building destructability

Starstrider42

I can't believe this hasn't been requested yet, but a search comes up empty.

A lot of players have noted a "bug" in 0.25 which makes it unreasonably easy to destroy the launchpad and/or runway. The most extreme form of this is where a player loads a heavy vehicle, and the launch site is destroyed immediately, without giving the player a chance to launch. However, I also suspect (but have not confirmed) that landing on the runway may also cause it to explode. The only stock workaround is to make all buildings indestructible.

I request that somebody make a mod that addresses this problem in one of two ways:

1. Allows destructibility to be toggled independently for different buildings. This is the simplest solution.
  2. Allows the damage tolerance of buildings to be set independently. This would be much harder to calibrate, but if properly done would allow launchpads/runways to survive normal use while still being destroyed by debris that falls on them.

Edited by Starstrider42

I suspect the launchpad is supposed to be easy to destroy given the abuse it receives from engines, and stabilizers are generally enough to ease that.

But for very large ships, where you may be forced to reduce part count for the sake of CPU, having to use a lot of stabilizers probably doesn't help.

So yeah, not a bad idea for a mod....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.