Can you group wings and move them together in editor?

Hi,

Now I am attaching one big wing to a body of a plane, and then later add other wins to that main wing. Then later I can move the whole wing easily in order to adjust CoL/CoM.

However, if I want to attach more wing parts straight to the body, then I need to move them separately when adjusting CoL/CoM.

Is it possible to group parts (mainly wings) in editor, so that they all could be moved together?

(Like ctrl+click in other software)

Thanks

Edited by phemark

Its not really possible to do what you're asking - you can only move one part at a time - if the part has other parts attached to it then they move too as its their 'root' part. I don't think theres a mod that'll do what you want either unfortunately.

Depends on how they are built. If you have a really large complex wing, make sure you are attaching them width wise and then you can move each row as one piece (be sure to strut length wise). Moving the whole wing, no you can not.

Now I am attaching one big wing to a body of a plane, and then later add other wins to that main wing. Then later I can move the whole wing easily in order to adjust CoL/CoM.

Be careful doing this, some of the wing parts may not generate lift. Which is too bad, because it would be an easy way to fine-tune the CoL location.

This is a drawing of what I was saying. It's best not to attach the wing as one piece as it causes issues with lift as Red Iron Crown said and also even with struts doesn't like to hold to the plane in flight so the rear wings will sag. In the image below you can see 3 rows, each row can be moved individually but the whole wing can not be moved.

You can do this in symmetry but be warned that if you move the wing, any action groups for those parts need to be reset as they don't work well with symmetry mode. This means any wing-attached engines (like this plane) that have shut down action groups will only work on half the plane until you delete the actions and recreate them. Any FAR/NEAR controls for Flaps and Spoilers will be the same problem.

h0rSEgG.png

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.