Kopernicus Core - Version NAN - Outdated

_Augustus_

Jumbo32 config for the Stella Expansion is almost ready. Test this out and tell me what you think. Install Jumbo32, then install Stella Expansion without the Kopernicus Core, then install the Jumbo32 patch for Stella.

Here's the download.

A bit of caution however. The terrain doesn't look quite right in Jumbo32 with Stella and/or Outer Planets.

Edited by GregroxMun

Jumbo32 config for the Stella Expansion is almost ready. Test this out and tell me what you think. Install Jumbo32, then install Stella Expansion without the Kopernicus Core, then install the Jumbo32 patch for Stella.

Here's the download.

A bit of caution however. The terrain doesn't look quite right in Jumbo32 with Stella and/or Outer Planets.

Uhh, that's because you removed the terrain that's added with RSS, and you totally broke easier compatibility, clouds, etc. Please redo it like this:

Open the Kopernicus Core RSS config. Add everything from the Jumbo32 config into there.

Resize the Kopernicus planets USING RSS! If you resize them in the Kopernicus config then clouds break on them.

The KittopiaTech editing you did for Verion is fine, though.

Send me the config and I'll update it from time to time and add more planets to it, and include it with the core.

Edited by _Augustus_

Uhh, that's because you removed the terrain that's added with RSS, and you totally broke easier compatibility, clouds, etc. Please redo it like this:

Open the Kopernicus Core RSS config. Add everything from the Jumbo32 config into there.

Resize the Kopernicus planets USING RSS! If you resize them in the Kopernicus config then clouds break on them.

The KittopiaTech editing you did for Verion is fine, though.

Send me the config and I'll update it from time to time and add more planets to it, and include it with the core.

I'm too tired right now. If you want to try the config, it'd probably be easier.

There really ought to be a program which can directly convert SpaceEngine planets into Kerbal planets. I will pay 10 dollars if such a program can be completed in such a way where it is as simple as choosing a planet in Space Engine, clicking an export button in an external program where the orbital elements can be described, and having it generate something which can be inserted into gamedata of KSP.

Note: I will not actually pay 10 dollars.

Edited by GregroxMun

There really ought to be a program which can directly convert SpaceEngine planets into Kerbal planets. I will pay 10 dollars if such a program can be completed in such a way where it is as simple as choosing a planet in Space Engine, clicking an export button in an external program where the orbital elements can be described, and having it generate something which can be inserted into gamedata of KSP.

Of course, such a thing is hardly possible without the developer of SpaceEngine doing it himself.

I believe someone was working on that, but he never posted a download for it. This was the thread.

Unfortunately it doesn't really matter as my current computer has a really awful graphics card and does not support SpaceEngine.

Edited by _Augustus_

I am really sorry to have to do this, but can you please make sure you are following my license agreement for the plugin: KittopiaTech. As of KittopiaTech version 0.183; it is no longer licensed using CC BY-SA, but rather a custom-written license ( refer to http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68619-0-90-Plugin-WIP-KittopiaTech-Ingame-Terraforming-Tools-V0-19 ) designed to prevent undesirable results from redistribution. Seeing as you are redistributing the binary compiles of KittopiaTech version 0.19, I will have to ask you to check if you are not violating it. I am a bit weary of the "curse" hosting website; can you please elaborate if you are opted in to their "rewards program" (http://www.curse.com/author-reward-points-faq). If you are currently opted-in for said program, then, by distributing via curse, potentially gaining "profit". This would be against my new license and if it is the case, I will have to ask you not to redistribute the compiled binaries. Any and all configuration files generated or used by the KittopiaTech plugin may be freely distributed in whatever manner you please, however.

Again, I apologise, but I must protect my sanity and my ideals, as well as uphold my license designed to help me deal with potential exploitation, not that I am accusing you of exploiting me or having any malicious intent.

I am really sorry to have to do this, but can you please make sure you are following my license agreement for the plugin: KittopiaTech. As of KittopiaTech version 0.183; it is no longer licensed using CC BY-SA, but rather a custom-written license ( refer to http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68619-0-90-Plugin-WIP-KittopiaTech-Ingame-Terraforming-Tools-V0-19 ) designed to prevent undesirable results from redistribution. Seeing as you are redistributing the binary compiles of KittopiaTech version 0.19, I will have to ask you to check if you are not violating it. I am a bit weary of the "curse" hosting website; can you please elaborate if you are opted in to their "rewards program" (http://www.curse.com/author-reward-points-faq). If you are currently opted-in for said program, then, by distributing via curse, potentially gaining "profit". This would be against my new license and if it is the case, I will have to ask you not to redistribute the compiled binaries. Any and all configuration files generated or used by the KittopiaTech plugin may be freely distributed in whatever manner you please, however.

Again, I apologise, but I must protect my sanity and my ideals, as well as uphold my license designed to help me deal with potential exploitation, not that I am accusing you of exploiting me or having any malicious intent.

I am not gaining profit because I have no credit card and no idea how to set that thing up. I only use curse because it's up constantly, there's official support for it, and editing mods is very easy.

Ok, i'm a PlanetFactory user and i am new to Kopernicus.

And while i was looking in SpaceEngine for a planet, i stumbled upon this planet that looked similar to Eve/Kerbin (more like Kerbin) and i thought if i could ask anyone how can i make it into a planet.

In case someone answers, here are the 4 maps i exported from SpaceEngine(color map, height map, normal map and specular map):

Color:

11uxjcz.png

Height:

2m4q0k8.png

Normal:

oksy9g.png

Specular:

2vkz18m.png

And here is how i envision it: an Eve sized planet with a thick, blue atmosphere with oceans and a small moon the size of the Mun that orbits it 20,000 km away.

Update:

Ok, i changed it a bit:

Gravity: around 2g(Eve has 1.7g, read it on the wiki)...

Mass: Same as Eve(because what are you gonna do)...

Size: 700km

SMA: 63,5 million km

Basically a redesigned, new looking eve with a blue atmosphere.Nothing special right?

As i said i'm really new to Kopernicus, so i don't really know how this works...

Edited by Candlelight

Hello,

Great work on the new planets and systems guys. I wanted to point out an issue I'm having especially after adding Stella. It appears that it is near the edge of the orbit map, meaning even when I zoom all the way out I have to turn the orbit view almost sideways to see the system and its orbit.

Augustus, do you know how to prevent the transparent ring that partially obscures rings and orbits around gas giants/atmosphere planets? See below for example.

http://i.imgur.com/12Y3mOw.png

That's because you edited atmo height with Kopernicus. Don't do that, it's buggy and that's also why your atmospheric science is broken. If you use KittopiaTech to edit atmosphere height that will go away.

Ok, i'm a PlanetFactory user and i am new to Kopernicus.

And while i was looking in SpaceEngine for a planet, i stumbled upon this planet that looked similar to Eve/Kerbin (more like Kerbin) and i thought if i could ask anyone how can i make it into a planet.

In case someone answers, here are the 4 maps i exported from SpaceEngine(color map, height map, normal map and specular map):

Color:

http://i59.tinypic.com/11uxjcz.png

Height:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2m4q0k8.png

Normal:

http://i60.tinypic.com/oksy9g.png

Specular:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2vkz18m.png

And here is how i envision it: an Eve sized planet with a thick, blue atmosphere with oceans and a small moon the size of the Mun that orbits it 20,000 km away.

Update:

And here are some of the specs i imagined for it:

Gravity : 0.7g

Size: 700 km (same as Eve)

Mass: 4.80671189e+22 (0.9 Kerbins)

Semi-Major Axis: 63,564,135.3 km

All of this data is based on data in SpaceEngine, i just divided the numbers by 10.

Please read the tutorial at the original post. That thing has ridiculously low density, by the way. Eve-sized but only 0.9 gees? What?

Also, that sounds way too close to Jool. Are you planning on making your own star system or something?

Hello,

Great work on the new planets and systems guys. I wanted to point out an issue I'm having especially after adding Stella. It appears that it is near the edge of the orbit map, meaning even when I zoom all the way out I have to turn the orbit view almost sideways to see the system and its orbit.

The game will fix that after you play with it a few times.

Edited by _Augustus_

I tried your solution, but it didn't work at least not for the atmosphere 'edge' blocking stuff. I have all atmospheric stuff regarding the gas giants removed from both Kopernicus/RSS and experimented a bit with doing it through Kittopia. Alas I had no success. Would you have some more info on it, or a CFG of a planet that does it correctly as you say?

I tried your solution, but it didn't work at least not for the atmosphere 'edge' blocking stuff. I have all atmospheric stuff regarding the gas giants removed from both Kopernicus/RSS and experimented a bit with doing it through Kittopia. Alas I had no success. Would you have some more info on it, or a CFG of a planet that does it correctly as you say?

I honestly never had that bug with resized gas giants. I don't know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some dev pics of the Barry system, since no one ever saw them last time I posted them.

cE4tA4V.png

E7GAhCE.png

Edited by _Augustus_

I honestly never had that bug with resized gas giants. I don't know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some dev pics of the Barry system, since no one ever saw them last time I posted them.

http://i.imgur.com/cE4tA4V.png

http://i.imgur.com/E7GAhCE.png

Does light from both stars work? (Do both stars give light simultaneously?)