“Experiments you have collected cannot be stored on MK1� - Nor can I do crew reports.

I am trying to do the very first thing in the Career mode - create a lone Command Pod mk1 and explore the launch pad with the Kerbal, get EVA data and do a crew report. First, I do not seem to have "Crew Report" option available when I click the command pod. Second, when I walk and collect my EVA report, and try to get back in the MK1, I get the notice "Experiments you have collected cannot be stored on this COmmand Pod Mk1".

Any ideas why? This is the first thing you do in the Career mode, but I don't seem to have the options to even get started. Thanks for any tips or ideas. (Note: This is "regular" career mode, not the Science one).

I just downloaded the newest KSP yesterday and am getting this. I can't patch because the Patcher is giving an error (different question for another time). But why can't I do crew reports, or take experiments into the Mk1?

Thanks for any advice! Please let me know if I left out some crucial info...

[Answered - I just uninstalled and reinstalled KSP and it's working now!]

Edited by Carbal

You can't take experiments inside if you already have one of the same type and same biome. E.g mystery goo on kerbin shore x2. For the crew report you have to have a Kerbal inside the command pod.

Thanks for your reply! For the experiments part - I literally start the game, start a new career, get an MK1, have one Kerbal in there and go to launch pad. Shouldn't I be able to take things in the pod? If not, I guess I don't get what you mean by the biome.

For the crew report, the Kerbal is in the command pod. Hmm...I will launch the game and take a few screenshots. FYI I have "NASAmission" and "Squad" in the GameData folder (not sure if that matters).

If you put an Mk1 on the launchpad with a Kerbal in it, with nothing else, you can do a crew report. However, you would need an antenna and battery/solar power to transmit the report.... or..... simply recover the capsule and receive the science for the report. If you took that same Kerbal and also did an EVA, there are several (many!) areas around KSC that you could walk to - you could then do an EVA report, and gather a sample. You would then return to the capsule and recover it for all 3 pieces of science - crew report, EVA report, surface sample.

Hi LordFerret. Yeah, that's what I thought too, but something has gone awry...

So I tried again, and I still can't get a crew report or take the data into the capsule. Here's a gif of the process (I create a new career, choose the Mk1, and then Launch, then on the pad can't do crew report, so I EVA to collect science, try to get back in capsule):

eTUGxl5.gif

(I made the quality lower so the gif would load quicker - if you'd like a better screenshot, just let me know). Would it have anything to do with the "NASAmission" and "Squad" folders in GameData? And FYI I have v0.25.0.642

Edit: I've been scouring the internet and can't seem to find a solution, so in the mean time I'm going to completely uninstall and reinstall and will report back.

Reporting back - So, I uninstalled KSP then reinstalled (using the Installer this time from the site) - and now I can do crew reports! How odd - I wonder what the deal was. Same version as before and everything. Hm, I guess I'll never know.

Thanks a lot though for y'all's help!

Edited by Carbal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.