Returning to KSC from another body - can't click on any buildings

Seems that every time I visit another body (Mun, Minmus in this case), when I return to the space center - like when a probe crashes into the surface and I return to KSC, as opposed to reverting to launch or the VAB - I can't click on any buildings. Have to exit the game and restart to regain functionality.

Here's my output_log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/output_logNoClick.txt

1. All of the mods I am running are up to date.

2. They're all installed correctly.

3. Googling and forum searching didn't turn anything up, but who knows.

4. I checked the help sticky (including Windows-specific); nothing there.

5. Windows 8.1 64-bit, but using KSP x32.

6. I have removed and replaced many mods (the ones that aren't just parts) to try to figure out if one or the other mod is causing the problem - can't tell.

7. Doesn't happen when returning to the Space Center from Kerbin orbit.

Anyone able to help me figure out what the heck is causing this?

1. All of the mods I am running are up to date.

Except for TweakScale. Not recommending you update that one, but this is why we ask for versions – everyone forgets. It also takes a fair amount of work to figure out which mods you have installed just from the log. I only checked the ones that list the version correctly in the log and that I know from memory.

2. They're all installed correctly.

Try moving the ones in KSP\GameData\EriksParts\ out of there. Quantum Struts certainly doesn't belong there, and I'm betting the others don't either.

Then start a new save and try to reproduce the bug.

Except for TweakScale. Not recommending you update that one, but this is why we ask for versions – everyone forgets. It also takes a fair amount of work to figure out which mods you have installed just from the log. I only checked the ones that list the version correctly in the log and that I know from memory.

Try moving the ones in KSP\GameData\EriksParts\ out of there. Quantum Struts certainly doesn't belong there, and I'm betting the others don't either.

Then start a new save and try to reproduce the bug.

The ones I move to that directory seem to be working fine, but I'll take them out and see what happens. I am doubtful that will do anything - I mean, unless given DLLs specifically want something from a particular directory? My understanding is that almost every time a mod needs to be installed in a specific directory, it is because of MODEL{} nodes referencing textures in specific directories, but maybe that's wrong.

TS 1.44 is the latest stable-ish version, sadly; 1.47 is OK but causes weird masses.

We'll see what happens here..

OK. I moved all mods out of my own custom directory that had a DLL associated with them - others are just parts. Reinstalled them in the normal way, except for the KSP Bomb mod, which I simply removed temporarily.

I went through the same process as last time this happened, with a few differences:

1) A (new) sandbox save, whereas the other was career, because I didn't want to go through an entire career to test this.

2) Somewhat different parts on the rocket, since it was sandbox and I could make my life easier.

And the result was indeed different, though no less frustrating. This time, after doing the exact same kind of trajectory to Minmus (get orbit in Kerbin, transfer to Minmus, orbit, then crash), returning to the KSC resulted in an entirely black screen - the game didn't crash, but no scene was loaded, I guess. Could still hear the KSC sounds, and using ESC to quit to the main menu (and then the game) worked. But the KSC itself didn't load, the game window was black except for overlay items like the toolbar, debug window, etc.

New log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/output_logNoClick2.txt

Mods I have installed, and versions (hopefully correct - I've put "latest" where I am positive I have updated them in the last few days or have the latest version):

In case it's useful

Toolbar 1.7.7

USI Tools (RoverDude) and associated mods: ART, CRP, Karbonite, Karb+, AES - latest.

AdaptiveDockingNode: 1.5.1

B9: 5.2.6

Baha's engines (1.11), adjustable gear (1.0.4), armory (latest)

Chatterer (0.7.1)

CIT/active struts: 1.0.7.1

CollisionFX: 2.0

Community Tech Tree: 1.1

ConnectedLivingSpace: 1.0.11.0

Contract Science Modifier: 0.2

Contracts Window: 2.2

CrossFeedEnabler: Installed 24th oct, don't think there's a newer one

Davon Throttle Control: 0.71

DDSLoader: 1.7

DeadlyReentry: 6.3.2 beta

Diazo stuff: latest

DistantObject: latest

Dmagic Orbital: 0.9.0.2

Enhanced NavBall: 1.3.3

EPL: 4.4.0

FAR: 14.4

FinePrint: 0.59

Firespitter: latest (as repackaged with other mods recently)

Hangar Extender: 2.0

Fusebox: 1.1

GoodSpeed Pump: the last one that was released

Hangar: 1.3 (non-beta)

ChaseCamera: 1.4.0

RasterProp: latest

KAS: 0.4.9

KerbalFoundries: 1.7

KJR: latest

KerbinSide: latest packs, latest Konstructs

KineTech: one that came with B9

KM Gimbal: 2.0

KOSMOS - just parts, I think.

ScienceLibrary: Latest released

KW: just parts, I think.

LLL: latest

InfernalRobotics: 19.2

MarkIV: latest (just parts)

MechJeb: 2.4

RCSFX: 0.3, I think

HotRockets: Latest, whenever that was

MissionController: latest

MFT: latest

NavBallDocking align: pretty sure latest

NearFuture: latest

ORSX: with Karbonite, most recent from most recent Karbonite version

PartCatalog: 3.8

PartHighlighter: latest

PartWizard: latest

Pilot Assistant: latest

Procedural stuff: latest

Quantum struts: 1.1

RCSBuild: latest

RealChute: latest

RealRoster: 2.1b (latest)

ResGen: with b9

RetroFuture: latest

RLA: latest

Scansat: latest dev

ScienceAlert: latest

SelectRoot: latest, whenever that was

ShipManifest: from oct 28, 0.3.3.2b or something

Landertron: latest

SmokeScreen: latest

StageRecovery: latest

Stock bug & scaling fixes: latest

SXT: latest

Texture Replacer: latest

TimeControl: latest

Trajectories:1.0.0 (latest)

TweakableEverything: 1.4

TweakScale 1.44

... I think that covers it.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Did it look anything like this?

2epJiJ9.png

'Cause there is one bug I will be so happy to see die, but am waiting for 0.90 to go through the test half the mods at a time process. And hoping a new version might get rid of it.

Nope, not like that - the scene is either totally normal (can zoom, rotate, use main menu, click on toolbar stuff, etc.) except you can't click on any KSC buildings, or now, alternatively, the entire scene is black, but you can also still use menus, click on toolbar stuff (which is visible), etc.

I may - MAY! - have narrowed it down to something in ScienceContainers 0.71, but can't be sure yet. Need to do more testing...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.