Craft falls apart on load KSP 90/32bit

Whenever i load my shuttle, from the tracking station, the wings and control surface and wheels fall off and the struts get stretched out, the parts dont explode or float away, they fall back down to kerbin and the engine stage icons go blank, i dont have any cheats on and ive not used part clipping

another thing is when i got to launch my craft, the entire craft falls apart as of it wasnt connected and i have to use unbreakable joints and no crash damage just to launch my craft, and usually after i go back to the editor or space center the game crashes(i dont have the crash reports anymore )

also i have noticed aswell, the mk3 textures and astronaught complex texture wont load properly and loading a craft in the SPH crashes the editor, then the game

im using 32bit on windows 7 but i know for a fact its not got anything to do with my laptop or its drives

screenshot53.png

screenshot56.png

screenshot57.png

screenshot58.png

screenshot52.png

screenshot54.png

screenshot55.png

screenshot96.png

Edited by SparkyFox

Great pictures. I actually think this might be related to another bug I'm trying to track down.

You have a good description and pictures, but I would also ask, if you can, to upload some savefiles and maybe give a description of what you're doing before hand. A .craft might also be useful if you're able to consistently replicate this.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92230-%21%21%21-PLEASE-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-%21%21%21-Stock-Support-Bug-Reporting-Guide

Thanks,

~Claw

Thanks, it probably is because this keeps happening in all my saves with the same craft and when i start the engines the ship does really weird stuff, it actually made kerbin fade out and threw a kerbal from 150000meters to 0m in the space of 5 seconds, i also sent a rescue shuttle with a science bay escape pod and the game crashed after i let it go and when i loaded the game back up my rescue shuttle did the same thing and i pressed f3 and it didnt say anything about the shuttle being damaged and the science bay way almost 1000 meters away from the shuttle and that too broke apart and got thrown into a void, i'll try make a video for you?

oh also the game randomly crashes for no reason then when i start the game back up and go to the tracking station and go to my shuttle, thats what makes it fall apart i think?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mtvd9g2msi9if1v/AABZ4vDbO0lpkg7KKe_-XmZxa?dl=0

thats got a crash report, screenshots of before the crash and after the crash, the game crashed after i went to the space center and as soon as i pressed the SPH the game crashed then i restarted and went to check on the shuttle and it fell apart, also those 2 saves Default and NASA the same thing happened so its not a corrupted save

ive noticed aswell, i have the clamp o tron in the cargobays and struts inside the cargo bay and the clamp is falling with the wings and tail aswell, i also used the gizmos to hide the mono propelants in the back of the shuttle and those aswell are falling apart

Edited by SparkyFox

• 3 weeks later...

I have a very similar problem with my 32bit (unmodded) KSP.

Independent from the Spaceship: when I start to accelerate the time in Orbit, i get a message "not possible under acceleration". But all boosters are off. Then one part of the spaceship gets pulled strongly towards the planet and a few seconds later: all parts fall away from the command-module.

Reinstalling the games helped for a while, but after a few hours, the bug is back.

I forgot about this thread (and it looks like it got buried). Any chance you guys can upload some saves?

Well, and I found this in the log file:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at TweakScale.TweakScale.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

So somewhere in there looks like TS isn't handling something properly. Later in your crash log, KSP dies due to lack of memory. So I'm guessing your save file is corrupt in some way after that.

I'm going to move this over to modded support.

Cheers,

~Claw

Edited by Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.