Cannot open Tracking Station

Hi,

I registered here because I searched the web and this forum for any hints towards my issue. I use a modded install of KSP 0.90 32-bit on Windows including:

-DeadlyReentry

-DistantObject

-Firespitter (dll only)

-KAS

-Procedural Fairings

-RemoteTech

-Kerbal Alarm Clock

All mods are up to date and seem to run well with KSP 0.90.

About my issue:

From time to time, when I start the game and want to go to the tracking-station to oversee the progress of my various missions (90+ including all those satellites from RemoteTech) the game just shows the loading screen (turns black and shows the "rotating planets in the down right corner") and freezes after a fraction of a second (means the blackness wont go away, to "loading planets" stop spinning). The game wont come back after that but wont die either, but will remain in this state indefinitely.

When I restart the game and click on the VAB, the SPH or any other building, everything's fine. I can even launch vessels and look at the map-view from there (that's what I do currently instead of using the Tracking Station). No other problems. But the Tracking Station wont load, no matter what I do.

Other savegames seems to work fine. So when I start another game, no issues there. When I load an older quicksafe on my "broken" game, everything's fine. When I had this issue before, I just reverted a week of progress and could play again, but now I am struck for the second time and not willing to give up my successes again.

Any ideas on this? Could it be related to the mods I installed? Am I having too much spacecrafts active? Can I get any additional infos about my error somehow? It does not seem like it created an errorlog like it would do when the game "just crashed". Thanks!

log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzxayy62xnw2hw4/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by Khazuar

Hi,

I registered here because I searched the web and this forum for any hints towards my issue. I use a modded install of KSP 0.90 32-bit on Windows including:

-DeadlyReentry

-DistantObject

-Firespitter (dll only)

-KAS

-Procedural Fairings

-RemoteTech

-Kerbal Alarm Clock

All mods are up to date and seem to run well with KSP 0.90.

About my issue:

From time to time, when I start the game and want to go to the tracking-station to oversee the progress of my various missions (90+ including all those satellites from RemoteTech) the game just shows the loading screen (turns black and shows the "rotating planets in the down right corner") and freezes after a fraction of a second (means the blackness wont go away, to "loading planets" stop spinning). The game wont come back after that but wont die either, but will remain in this state indefinitely.

When I restart the game and click on the VAB, the SPH or any other building, everything's fine. I can even launch vessels and look at the map-view from there (that's what I do currently instead of using the Tracking Station). No other problems. But the Tracking Station wont load, no matter what I do.

Other savegames seems to work fine. So when I start another game, no issues there. When I load an older quicksafe on my "broken" game, everything's fine. When I had this issue before, I just reverted a week of progress and could play again, but now I am struck for the second time and not willing to give up my successes again.

Any ideas on this? Could it be related to the mods I installed? Am I having too much spacecrafts active? Can I get any additional infos about my error somehow? It does not seem like it created an errorlog like it would do when the game "just crashed". Thanks!

log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzxayy62xnw2hw4/output_log.txt?dl=0

SAME EXACT PROBLEM YOU HAVE ! And updating to .90 didnt fix a damn thing. Thought it was SCANsat doing it, but you dont have it listed in your mods list. Its Remote Tech. Try shutting off the little transmission toggles (the connection lines). THat is if you can even get to the tracking station by luck. Once you shut off the toggles you will have like a 50% chance of the tracking station loading successful. However that is not good enough. I have the same satellite count you have. It looks as if Remote Tech 2 hogs massive resources to run such simple "radio signals" . Post a tech ticket on the Remote Tech 2 thread and post logs as well. I hope the dev will fix the damn issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.